Chapter 19

-Troye-

"You ready?" I asked Connor, who looked back at me from Marcus and nodded. I then got up and followed Marcus out the door with Connor at my heels. It was really dark out. I laid my eyes upon the only noticeable light source in the whole camp. There was a towering ball of light in the middle of the field. Its massive glow casted shadows of whatever was around it. The shadows moved and contorted as the flames moved with the small wind. I walked down the steps, across the concrete sidewalk, and onto the grass that began the field.

"This is my favorite part of camp." Marcus said as we walked through the somewhat tall grass. Marcus was in front of Connor and me, leading the way. "Everyone just talks and has a good time around the huge fire. It's really mellow and laid back." He said as we arrived at the fire. I think everyone from camp is here. There were multiple overturned logs and benches scattered around the blaze in a sloppy circle about six or seven feet away from the fire. Marcus circled around the blaze and found Niomi. As Marcus sat next to Niomi, he motioned us towards him. There was still space on the end of the log. Connor sat next Marcus and I sat next to Connor. I was at the very end of the log.

I looked around the fire, seeing some familiar and not-so-familiar faces. I could make out Aflie and Zoë off to the left of us. Alfie was sat on a bench with Zoë right next to him. Their hands were entwined as Zoë rested her head on Alfie's shoulder. I scanned the rest of the group. Parallel from us was a group of people who couldn't stay still and keep quiet. I could make out one with a nose ring, one with curly hair, and other with I think a speech impediment. I looked past Connor, Marcus, and Niomi to see Joe. He was sat on the ground, leaned up against a log. He had his hands on something in his lap. I strained my head outward to see that it was Caspar. His head was in Joe's lap. His face was towards Joe's body, the back of his head outward. Joe was playfully stroking his hair with one hand as he drew circles into Caspar's arm with the other.

I feel bad for Caspar. I know that he was hiding something, not just from me, but from everyone. I am his long time friend, and couldn't even tell me he was sexually confused? After everything he did for me? I can't overanalyze. Caspar has probably had a rough time. But, I don't understand why he is trusting Joe. I mean, I guess he is kind of attractive, but he is the biggest fucking jerk.

I heard an outburst of laughter right off to the left of me. I looked to see a pair of twins laughing and hitting each other. They both had brown hair and the same...well everything. The one sitting closer to me noticed me.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." He said with a smile. The two twins burst into laughter again. I just smiled and tried not to show how annoyed I was. After awhile, the laughter died down.

"Sorry mate. I was just having a laugh." He said, wiping a tear from his eye. "I'm Finn, and that's Jack." He said, motioning to his, what I assumed, twin.

Why did those two names sound familiar? Finn and Jack? Jack and Finn? Oh...they were the ones who had the alcohol for the party last year. I remember Marcus telling me now.

"I'm Troye." I said. I saw Finn's face light up.

"You're Steele's brother!" He said, an uplifting tone coming from him. Why must I be recognized by my brother?

"Yes, he's my brother." I said, annoyed.

"Oh man, he was THE best counselor ever! He let us get away with so many things!" I heard Jack say from behind his brother.

"So I've heard" was all I replied with. I've heard all of this from multiple people already.

"Yeah, well you shouldn't have gotten away with the thing you guys did." I heard Marcus chime in. I looked over at him to see a serious face put on.