Chapter 6

-Troye-

"We should be getting really close, guys." Steele said. I hadn't realized what he said at first. I was drifting off and wondering about life while staring out the window. I finally snapped out of it and paid attention to what the route was. Steele was surrounded by green foliage and dense woods on eater side of the road. I turned to look at Caspar, who was clearly still mad at me. His arms were folded and his face expressionless. I felt really bad for pointing out his acknowledgement of that Joe guy. It was just really surprising, since I thought he was asexual.

"Alright guys, we're here." Steele announced. I looked out the window to see a wooden archway that had a wooden sign that had 'The Graceffa Teen Summer Camp' engraved into it. We were first met with a huge circle drive. There were cars parked on the side with parents and their kids unloading their belongings. The circle drive was in front of was a sidewalk that extended to the left and right that led to what I assumed to be different parts of the camp, and a building that was one-story and looked fairly modern for being in a summer camp. In front of the buildings were sign-in tables with three signs taped to the front. Each of them also have a counselor behind them.

Steele pulled through the circle drive and parked on the exiting side of the circle drive. "Alright guys." Steele said as he turned off the car. "I'll pop the trunk and you guys can get your stuff. Once you do that, I'll help you both sign in." After saying that, Caspar bolted with energy out of the car to get his suitcase out of the car first. He's acting way out of character. It's kinda scary. I felt like that was partially my fault with the whole 'Joe' thing.

I got out go the car, moving to the back of the car. I looked inside the trunk to find my suitcase. I pull the retractable handle out, heave the suitcase out, and close the trunk. Caspar waiting for me quietly on the sidewalk. Steele was ahead of us, making his way up to the sign-in tables. I began to move down the sidewalk, Caspar matching my rhythm. We didn't say a word until decided to break the tension and the awkwardness.

"I'm sorry I pointed you out earlier and made fun of you. It's just weird you having an intere-"

"Stop. Please, stop. I accept your apology, it's okay. I just don't wanna talk about it." Caspar said, interrupting me. He's really giving me the cold shoulder about it. Usually, he's sincere and appreciative of an apology or a tender moment. I looked down in embarrassment and sorrow. I guess I should just leave him to himself.

We got to the sign-in tables. There were three lines: A-L, M-S, and T-Z. I assume they are by last names. "Troye, go ahead and get in line. I'm gonna sign-in Caspar first." Steele motioned for Caspar to get in the A-L line with him. I shuffled down to the M-S line, which wasn't very long. I was the second person in line. The person in front of me was a girl, and I could hear the counselor trying to find her last name. "Sugg, Sugg, Sugg....there you are! You are in Cabin Z. Just follow the path to the left of the sign-in tables over there and you'll find it! It's the one with the huge Z plastered on the front of it!" The counselor said with a bubbly attitude, which was followed by a really obnoxious cackle. Granted, it was contagious, but still obnoxious. The girl wondered away in the direction the counselor pointed out. I took the girl's place in line.

"Hello, and welcome to the Graceffa Teen Summer Camp!" The counselor said energetically. ""What's your last name?" He said as he looked down at the folders and papers in front of him on the table. "Mellet." I replied. His face shot up. He looked at me with intrigue and excitement. "Your last name's Mellet?" The counselor said with hope in his voice. "Yeah..." I said cautiously. Why was he so curious? At my response, his face sprung with excitement. "Pleeease tell me you're related to Steele!" He half screamed and half begged. I was beginning to feel really creeped out. "Yeah I am. Steele's over to the left signing in my friend." I pointed to Steele coming out of a hunched position over the table with Caspar next to him. I looked back to find the counselor standing up in anticipation.