Chapter 21

-Troye-

"Actually, I find it quite flattering." I said to Connor while we made it to the mess hall. Which, was very true. I didn't think Connor was serious when he was looking. However, I didn't think he was the type to check someone out.

Connor's face redden, which was almost impossible, and lowered his head in embarrassment. I just gave him a small smile, even though he didn't see it.

He and I traveled in comfortable silence to the mess hall. The day had a perfect atmosphere. The sun beated down as a cool breeze came through. It was the perfect blend of hot and cold.

We got to the entrance to see Marcus standing outside of the hall. He was leaned up against the outside wall with his arms folded. Once he saw he lurched off the wall with a smile on his face and walked towards us.

"So." He said, folding his arms with a smug smirk on his face.

"Connor was just getting me out of bed for breakfast. Nothing happened." I say, Marcus still holding his smirk in place.

"Well, I would certainly love for Niomi to wake me up like that every morning." He said, turning on his heels and heading towards the entrance. Honestly, I would love for Connor to wake me up like that everyday. Just waking up to his soft, sage-colored eyes and his brown hair.

Connor and I followed Marcus into the mess hall. We got our food, checked out with Glozell, and headed to the usual spot. We were greeted by the usual crowd.

"Hey Troye!" I heard Caspar's voice. I sat down at the table with Marcus on my right and Connor on my left. While doing so, I looked to see Caspar grinning at me. He seemed in quite a good mood for someone in his position. He seemed relatively way happier since I talked to him last night.

"Hey Casp!" I said, digging into my food afterwards. The usual banter engulfed the table. Marcus and Tanya talking about home in Britain, Dan and Phil yelling about...I don't even know. Everyone else just sat in comfortable silence eating their breakfast.

"Are we hiking today?" I heard Caspar ask the table. Dan and Phil stopped arguing and turned to Caspar.

"Yeah. We are hiking along with Tyler's cabin." Dan quipped.

"That's cool! That means I get to hike with you, Casp!" Joe said, his face lighting up. That's the most I've seen Joe be energetic about something positive in a while. It seems like just a week ago that Caspar and I met Joe in that gas station...oh wait.

"Cool." Caspar simply replied. What the hell was that? Caspar didn't even smile. Nothing. No expression whatsoever. He didn't even face to Joe to say it. He just stared down at his food. I looked at Joe who also noticed Caspar's reaction. His expression shrunk and drooped at Caspar's reaction. Caspar just continued to stare into his food in front of him. I decided not to comment and just went to my food. Connor and Marcus did the same.

"What the hell Caspar? Are you not excited that you get to spend more tine with me?" I heard Joe whisper shout. Joe's face showed a scowl. His brow was furrowed and his eyes were narrowed. I didn't hear Caspar's response, but he did turn to Joe to respond. I could also see Joe's mouth moving, but still no audible retort.

"We are DONE talking about this." I heard Caspar whisper shout. He then moved back to his food. Joe's face showed disgust. He surged up from the table and stormed off.

"Jo Jo, hold on." Caspar said as he chased after him out of the building. I looked around the table. Everybody had the same expression as I did. Genuinely shocked. I just looked down at my food with no comment or quip.

"I don't even want to know what brought that up where it did." I heard Marcus say, looking up at the two running off.

"Agreed." I heard Connor say. "There's certainly never a dull moment between the two."