Chapter 8

-Connor-

I can't take this anymore. I began run down the path with tears in my eyes. The anxiety issues are setting in. I could feel my skin began to itch. While running, I began to scratch at my arms through my long sleeved shirt. I'm all alone. My parents just abandoned me. I can already tell the people are nasty here. No one can help me.I just need to get to the cabin. Get my journal. Get my reliever. Get-ow! Shit! The itches began to be needle-like, puncturing into my skin. It felt like someone was sticking a hot needle into my veins and injecting a poison that spread to the rest of my body. I began to ran faster and faster towards the cabin.

It was in sight. We're almost there. Hold out. I began to whimper and cry at the pain crawling through my arms and now my thighs. I ran as fast as my legs would carry my small frame. I turned into the steps that led to the screen door. I stumbled up the two steps and pushed the screen door open.

I began to move away from the door, but I froze at the sight of a presence out of the corner of my eye. There was a person in the bed off to the right. The person raised his head. It was a guy. My heart jumped at the sight of him. His brown hair was strewn to the left, leaving a small quiff. His big, piercing blue eyes stared into mine. My heart began racing at a faster rate, as did my pain. I tried to hide the pain in my arms. Who is he?

"Hi." I said, trying to break the awkward, but strong tension. I practically felt his eyes on me. My arms began to itch even more. I decided to move towards my suitcase.

"Hey." I heard him say, but I was still crowded by my pain. I unzipped the suitcase and looked through my clothes, in a rush to get away from the beautiful guy next to-wait...beautiful? Guy? A guy? Do I have feelings for a guy?

Oh god, oh god, oh god. I didn't need to be reminded of my struggles that-OW! Fuck! The pain spread even more because of the reminder of my biggest fear. Being a homosexual. It's always been in my mind. Always. But, I never truly thought about it until last year. That's when everything feel down on me.

"So, you must be Connor." I heard the guy say. My heart jumped again. He knows my name? That means he must've been over here. In my space. Oh dear god. The pain, if not already got stronger. I began to itch it furiously. "Yeah, that's me." I said softly, realizing I hadn't given him an answer yet. I checked every pocket in my suitcase. Please tell me I didn't lose it. I needed it. My journal can't help me now. I need this. I sifted through my clothes faster now. Throwing clothes onto my bed, trying to find it.

"My name is Troy." I heard the guy say. Troy. What a cute nam-Oh my god, I found it. I grabbed the object, tears streaming down my face. But, I brushed them quickly away.

"Where's the bathroom?" I said quickly.

Troy looked surprised when I asked. His eyes darted down to my hand where I was holding it. He stuttered when he talked. "Umm, just tale a left out of the cabin and follow the path."

"Thanks." I said in response. I then darted out of the cabin. I ran down the steps and took a left down the sidewalk path. I darted past Cabin B, C, D, and E in what seemed like seconds. I saw a run down shack, which I only assumed was the shower house. I pulled the shower house door open. I was immediately greeted by urinals directly to the right and stalls farther down. On the left was an opening walkway which led to the showers. The shower house was empty. With pain still coursing through my body, I ran down to the farthest stall, pushed the door open, and locked it behind me.

*Trigger Warning*

I moved over to the toilet and flipped up the toilet seat. I grabbed the object out my pocket. It was the one thing that could only relieve me.