Chapter 18

-Connor-

I just woke up to an empty cabin. It is currently Thursday and Troye went to the shower house. These past two days have been amazing. Troye and I have been getting closer and he has given me tips and things to help me and my future for my health. He is literally the best human being right now. He has turned my life around, and I think for the better. Speaking of help, I had a therapy session with Korey on Tuesday. It was nothing that I haven't already heard. On Tuesday, we went on a hike into the dense forest around the camp with my cabin. Troye was basically by my side the whole time. He is literally the best person in the whole world. As far as the camp goes, everything has begin to calm down. Joe has definitely got a grip on his emotions and his emotions since I snapped at him on Monday night. I think Joe just needed a wake-up call. Also, Caspar is definitely changing, but not positively. Caspar has been more sullen. More noticeably depressed. Troye has been talking to him, but out of respect, isn't telling anyone anything. Caspar is really worrying me. We still don't know what is in his luggage. We have tried to come up with a plan to get in, but we haven't executed it yet. But as far as everything in my life, it's going pretty well since I got here.

I stopped after that. I inhaled one breath and put down my journal. I looked around to see the cabin in a somewhat controlled chaos. There was a mixture of Troye, Marcus, Joe, and I's clothes. There were clothing items with mud or some unknown stains, different shoes were strewn about the cabin, the beds were unmade and messy, and it smelled of BO and ballsacks. Mostly from the straight men in the cabin. Or, I guess the straight man. I still don't know about Joe.

As I looked around the room, I noticed that Troye's laptop was slightly open, the screen black. Troye has been gone for about fifteen minutes now. I didn't see him coming back for a while. I moved off my bed and fell down on Troye's bed in front of his laptop. I moved the trackpad to wake up the laptop. The screen awoke to the login screen. I typed in his password, Jagga150814. Why that specific, I have no idea. The login screen opened to his desktop that had a huge cliff that looked out into a tropical jungle. Up in the righthand corner of the screen, there was a file that said TOUCH.mp3. Giving into my curiosity, I clicked on the file. As soon as I did, his external speakers roared to life and opened with a rhythmic beat opening into a synthesizer that played minor chords. The occasional snap accompanied the chords. I noticed that just below the mp3 was another file titled TOUCHlyrics.doc. Naturally, I clicked on it, only to have a document pull up paragraphs that were labeled first verse, refrain, chorus, bridge, etc. After getting through a paragraph, an electronic snare came into the track, intensifying the song.

I sprung off the bed in a rush to get my headphones to indulge in the experience. I quickly found them from my luggage and plunged them into the computer. I slipped them onto my head, engulfing my world into the sound track. I slightly bobbed my head as the music peaked and went into what I assumed was the chorus. I closed my eyes and let the music take over. It felt like I was floating on a cloud above the sky with Troye by my side, guiding the journey.

In the middle of my daydreaming, I felt a tap on my shoulder, making me jump awake and alert. I look around to see Troye standing with his damp hair and a fresh set of clothes. He had a small smile on his face.

"You know, you could've just asked me to listen instead of invading my privacy." He said with a smirk. I could feel my cheeks turn red from embarrassment.

"Sorry, it was just open and I--"

"It's okay. Consider it even, since I looked at your journal." He said with a consoling tone. Wow. That was four days ago. It felt like an eternity. I hopped of his bed for him to sit on. I moved back to my bed.

"So what's going on today?" I asked Troye, not remembering what it is. These past couple days have just been a blur. I don't even remember what I had for dinner last night.