Chapter 17

-Connor-

"Do you want me to go find him?" I heard Troye ask, volunteering to go find Joe in the woods. Troye had his lunch in hand as he asked.

"Sure, go ahead." I heard Tyler reply from his seated position. Troye then set down his lunch and walked into the woods. After he left, I got my sandwich out of the Ziploc bag and took my first bite.

"What do you think he's actually doing out there?" I heard Marcus speaking out in general. I heard Tyler scoff while he was drinking his water.

"He's probably shooting up or burying some drug in the ground so no one will find it. He's so uptight and hot headed." Tyler said, taking bite of his sandwich. "He's always been like that, but ever since last year's incident, things have been even worse." Tyler said through his chews. I swallowed the bite that was in my mouth.

"Is there still tension between Joe and Alfie?" I asked, turning to Marcus. He nodded in the middle of taking a drink. Once he swallowed, he spoke.

"It's all Joe's fault. He's still holding that damn grudge. He's really good at that apparently." Marcus said. After he was finished speaking, I heard a rustling off to my right. Emerged was the very person we were talking about with a red, hot face. Following behind him was Troye. He had the hugest, smuggest grin I've ever seen on a person. He grabbed his lunch and sat down next to me.

"What's with the smile?" I said, smiling slightly. He then began slightly laughing to himself.

"Don't worry about it." He said, still smiling. His smug look turn towards Joe, who was still hot headed. He gave him a small smile, then took a bite of his sandwich.

Minutes passed and everyone was finished with their lunch. Everyone piled back onto their boats and we headed off down the river. While nothing significant happened on the rest of the trip, Troye and I just floated down the river in comfortable silence. I rowed down the river with Troye in all of my wetness and grossness. Admittedly, I was slightly pissed at him for that happening. But, I don't wanna get mad at him, and I can't stay mad at him. And although I was holding it together quite well, I was still shaken up by earlier today when Troye finally figured out my deepest, darkest secret. While it was a relief, it still scared the shit out of me. No one else knew besides the multiple counselors I've been to, my parents, and the very boy that's making it tougher, Troye boy. The very boy that I'm sharing a cabin with. The one that I will be spending two weeks with. The very boy that has already changed the course of my life. Through the rest of the canoe trip, I marveled at the wonderful scenery and beautifulness that was enveloping my life. Him.

-

"Yes, Troye hit me into the water." I said to the dinner table. It was the usual table. Caspar sat on my left and Troye on my right. Tanya asked what happened on the canoe trip and Marcus said I got wet.

"TROYE HIT YOU INTO THE WATER?" Tanya practically yelled. Her eyes got wide and had a huge concerned look her face. I felt Troye exhale in annoyance.

"Yeah, he did." I simply replied, moving towards my dinner to devour it.

"Did anything else happen on the trip?" I heard Phil speak up.

"Nothing." Joe quickly answered. Shutting any possibility for Troye to speak down. Phil just replied with a simple 'oh'.

The table fell silent after that. Everyone ate their lunch in silence. After a few moments, I heard Caspar sniffle. I looked over to see him shedding a tear. He rushed upward and ran out of the mess hall. Joe looked at me with a concerned face. He then ran after him, calling out his name. I looked towards Troye.