Chapter 5

-Troye-

3 days later...(sorry about all the time skips)

"Come on Troye!" Steele yelled at me from downstairs. It was Sunday. Today is the day. "If we're gonna pick up Caspar and get both of you registered for the camp by one, you'd better hurry your platform-shoed ass up!"

"Give me a few, you dick! And leave my platform shoes alone!" I screamed at him from my room. I packed up the last few things I needed. Shampoo, hair product, few clothes, laptop, phone charger, a notebook, and a pen. The notebook was for any songs lyrics or ideas I might encounter at the camp. It's a camp, out in the middle of a forest. There's inspiration seeping through the core of the damn camp. I''m so excited for this. New people, new scenery, new BOYS to look at. Well, I guess that goes with a new scenery.

I packed up my final things and zipped up my suitcase. I pulled it off of my bed and pulled out the handle on the top. I moved towards the door, my suitcase bringing up the rear. I turned around to look into my bedroom to see if I needed anything else. Seeing nothing of importance, I close my door. I was really happy I'd get to escape my family for two weeks. I love them to death, but they can get annoying. With Mom always worrying about me and how I'm doing, Sage fangirling and screaming over God knows what, the loud sport commentation from Steele and my dad, and Tyde...just being Tyde, I am liking the idea of escaping them with Caspar.

I moved down the stairs swiftly with my suitcase, greeted at the front door by my parents. "Have fun Troye!" My mom said. She moved forward to wrap me into her arms. I obliged and hugged back. She pulled out of the hug after a few seconds. "Make good choices and be safe, Troye." She said with a concerned look on her face. "Of course not, Mom." I said with a sarcastic tone and a grin on my face. She rolled her eyes in annoyance. I turned towards my dad. He seemed happy he'd have to deal with one less child in the house. "Have fun, Son!" he said. He motioned towards me to give me a hug. Of course, I obliged again. I wrapped my arms around him. "Use protection." He whispered.

Oh my God.

"DAD!" I yelled as I pulled away from him. I laughed, amused and embarrassed at the same time. "SHAUN!" My mom yelled. "Was that really necessary?" She said. My dad just laughed in amusement.

Steele busted through the front door, looking stressed. "Are you coming, Troye?"

"Calm down, I'm coming." I said. I began to roll my suitcase towards the front door. I turned my head to look over my shoulder. "Love you, family!" I yelled. Everyone in the house replied back, except for Tyde. Shocker.

I moved out and onto the porch, Steele closing the door behind me. "Here, I'll take that." He said. "Alright thanks." I replied. He took the retractable handle from my grip and moved if off the porch and towards his car. I followed quickly behind him. I moved towards the passenger side door and opened it. I got in and slammed the door. I could feel the car rock as Steele popped the trunk and put my suitcase into it with a satisfying clunk. Steele then opened the driver side door and settled into the car, closing the door quickly. He stuck the key into the ignition. The car roared to life.

"So, what exactly happens at this camp?" I questioned. Steele backed out of the driveway and put the car into drive and accelerated down the road. "Well, depending on how many people are there, you'll be sharing a cabin with three or four other people. It sounds crowded, but the cabins are bigger than you think. Then, your cabin will get a schedule on what you're doing for the next two weeks. The schedule is just a calendar of suggestions, really. It's usually not strictly followed. Your cabin will have a lead counselor, like I was. I was in charge of Cabin E. It's pretty fun." he elaborated. I was excited, but I was kinda stressed. It's gonna be hectic the first day, and it's gonna suck.