Chapter 1- Backstory pt.1

Midoriya's POV:

The hero society is stupid. The worst thing about it is the fact that my only friend is in it. People trust heroes but they don't even realize how many fake pros there are. I unfortunately had to meet one of them. I always thought by being a hero you had to be kind and willing to save people.
In this world you have to have a nice quirk and always be at the top.

Maybe I should start from the beginning, that seems better.

My father was basically never around. He just left to work overseas one day, so it's just been me and my mom. My quirk wasn't showing so me and my mom went to the quirk doctor. He told us the most shocking news of my life. I had a quirk, but it was a terrible one.

Quirk Doctor: So, he has a quirk.
Izuku: Really? That's good!
Quirk Doctor: But I suggest he doesn't use it

What...

I use to always dream about being a hero. I had an All Might onesie, my room was filled with All Might posters, my favorite video was a video of All Might saving people. I was All Might's biggest fan.

And now I was being told I couldn't use my quirk.

Inko: What's wrong with his quirk doctor?
Quirk Doctor: His quirk is really dangerous. If he uses it the wrong way he can cause lives to end short.
Inko: ... What's his quirk?
Quirk Doctor: From what I understand, if he drinks people's blood, he can steal their energy and use it. Depending on how much of their blood he drinks, he can even use their quirk.

I gasped. I had a villainous quirk? I was so upset. How could I be a hero with a villainous quirk?

~Timeskip~

My mother dropped me off at the park. I then went to play with my best friend, or someone who I thought was my best friend.

Bakugo: So what's your quirk Izuku?

I hesitated to tell him, but I thought since he's my best friend he would understand.

Midoriya: I can take peoples energy and combine it with my own! If I take enough, I can copy their quirk!
Bakugo: Really, that's so cool! How do you take it?
Midoriya: I have to- well... uhh, drink their blood.
Bakugo: ... Isn't that a bit villainous?
Midoriya: Well, yeah, but-
Bakugo: I can't believe you have a villainous quirk, that's so lame.
Midoriya: I didn't mean to have a-
Bakugo: Do you really think you can be a villain with that kind of quirk? Please Izuku, don't embarrass yourself
Izuku: I-
Bakugo: You're so useless, Deku! Nobody will trust a person like you!
Izuku: Ka-
Bakugo: I'm leaving, get away from me.

He hated me because of my quirk. Something I couldn't control. I was so upset. I sat down by myself and cried. I wanted to be a hero and my only friend left me. While I sat down someone came behind me. She poked my shoulder and I looked up at her. She had short brown hair and brown eyes. She was really cute.

Girl: Umm, are you okay? I saw you crying and I came to see what was going on.

I sighed and faced the girl.

Midoriya: I told my best friend about my quirk and he left me because he didn't like it.
Girl: Oh, I'm sorry. I know you may not want to tell me but, what is your quirk?
Midoriya: Oh, you wouldn't want to know.
Girl: Well you don't know that.

She sits next to me and smiles.

Uraraka: I'm Ochaco Uraraka.
Midoriya: ... I'm Izuku Midoriya.
Uraraka: Now, what's wrong with your quirk?

I look in front of me and sigh. I'm really about to tell this girl I just met about my quirk, great.

Midoriya: I can steal peoples energy, by drinking their blood.

The girl gasps and stares at me. I knew she would hate it.

Uraraka: That's actually really cool!

I look at her confused. She isn't scared or disgusted?

Midoriya: Really?
Uraraka: Okay, it's kind of creepy, but it's also cool.
Midoriya: But I have a villainous quirk, how is that cool?
Uraraka: If you use it right, it won't be that villainous. Besides, I don't think there's such thing as a villainous quirk, I just think the person who uses the quirk is the villainous one.

I was surprised. I didn't think she would like my quirk. I smile at her and thank her. Ever since that day, we became friends. We'd always hangout at the park and she'd always defend me. She was an amazing best friend. We were friends even through middle school. I was so happy being with her.

But good things don't last forever.

To be continued...

Words- 802

Thanks for reading! ❤️