Chapter 3- Backstory pt. 3

Midoriya's POV:

Today is the day. Now that the Nomu is finished, it's time for it to pretend to be me. I'm excited yet scared. I'm going to officially join the league but I'm going to leave my mom and best friend. I sigh. Today is my last day of school.

After school I call Tomura. He has the Nomu ready and it gets transported to me by Kurogiri.

I sigh. The Nomu walks up to me waiting for instructions. I tell him to jump off the roof. I look down before he does. Uraraka is down there. Fuck!

I sigh sadly. I tell the Nomu to stop and it does I send her a text message before I put my phone in it's pocket. I command the the Nomu to jump again. He falls down and his blood goes everywhere. The Nomu is really fragile and it dies immediately. Chaco sees it and she looks horrified. I feel bad.

Izuku: Sorry Ochaco...

I go back through Kurogiri with my watery eyes. I promise that I'll come back to her.

Uraraka's POV:

I gasp as I see Izuku's dead body lie in front of me.

Uraraka: Izuku? Izuku?! IZUKU WAKE UP!!!

I hold his body as he bleeds more.

Uraraka: Izuku! PLEASE WAKE UP!

I cry and he doesn't respond.

Why... why did he do this? I knew he was being bullied and I did everything I could to make him feel better but he still jumped.

A pro hero finds me and I notice it's All Might. He crouched down to me and holds my shoulder.

All Might: What's wrong? What happened to the bow in your hands.
Uraraka: H-He... He jumped off the roof and I-I couldn't save him in time.

I cry more as All Might calls an ambulance.

All Might: I'm sorry about your friend, I hope he's okay.

Once the ambulance arrives I go with him. At the hospital Izuku's mom arrives.

Inko: IS MY BABY OKAY!!!
Uraraka: ...
Inko: You're his friend right? Is my son okay?!
Uraraka: I am sorry. I don't know. He jumped off the roof and I couldn't catch him in time.

She cries and sits next to me then puts her hand on my shoulder. She sighs and wipes her tears.

Inko: You can't stop someone from killing themself. It's not your fault.
Uraraka: I know but I was distracted by his text he sent me. I didn't know what he meant until now.

I open up my phone and read his message again.

(Message)
Izuku: Hey Ochaco. I wanted to send you this message to say thank you for everything. You are the only person who believed I could become a hero. Whenever I was bullied you would defend me. I admire you. Last month I met All Might and he told me I could not be a hero. I hate him. I appreciate you so much. It hurts me to do this but I'm glad you're my best friend. I know I will never see you again but I want you to promise me something. Go to UA and become the worlds greatest hero. It would mean a lot to me. I promise I'll be watching you from above. Thanks for everything. Goodbye.

I sit and wait for a nurse to come. Finally one comes. Inko and I immediately ask her if Izuku's okay.

Nurse: I'm sorry, he didn't make it. Time of death, 3:36.

I sat back down and immediately started crying. Izuku... was gone. Inko fell to floor on her knees. She couldn't stop crying either. I held her back and cried with her. I wanted to kill Bakugo. It's his fault. It's All Might's fault. It's everyone's fault. We were eventually allowed to visit his dead body.

I looked at him. He was so young. Why? Why couldn't I have helped him? He was the closest to me yet I couldn't help him. If I had known I would've helped him.

After I went home I never came out of my room. I only came out to eat, go to school, and use the bathroom.

~Timeskip~

Everyone kept wondering why I was alone and where Deku was. Even Bakugo wondered. I sat down and Bakugo came up to me. What the hell does he want?

Bakugo: Hey pink cheeks, where's the nerd?
Uraraka: Maybe he's sick again Bakugo. Ever thought of that?
Bakugo: Don't talk to me like that. I just wanted to know where that loser is.
Uraraka: Maybe if you become a nice person I'll tell you.

He walks away and soon class starts. Before the lesson starts the teacher looks at us with a sad look.

Teacher: So we all know that Midoriya isn't here today.

The reason why he's absent is because he died yesterday.

Everyone gasps in shock. All I do is look down and sigh.

Teacher: Unfortunately he took his life yesterday by jumping off of the roof. From now on, bullying is prohibited. If any of you bully anyone ever again, you'll be expelled.

During lunch we had a moment of silence ceremony for him. Oh, so now that he's dead everyone cares? I go along with it anyway.

After school Bakugo walks up to me.
He has tears in his eyes and he gets more an more emotional after he stops.

Bakugo: Uraraka... I'm sorry. It's my fault Izuku's dead. If I hadn't bullied him, he would be alive right now. I was his best friend and then I left him because of his quirk. I don't expect your forgiveness because I honestly wouldn't forgive me. But I wanted you to know that I am sorry. Do me a favor and go to UA for him. Please, do it. I know that's what he would want.

I sigh and face him properly. He looks up to me confused.

Uraraka: I will never forgive you but I know Midoriya would so I will go. Not for me, for him. Until I trust you again, I want nothing to do with you. So do me a favor, go to UA for him, but when you make it, never talk to me, alright?
Bakugo:... Okay, for you pink cheeks.

I walk away with tears in my eyes. I'm going to miss Izuku. I'm going to miss him so much. I'm going to UA, for him and Bakugo.

Midoriya's POV:

~Fast forward~

After I teleport back to the base I cry. Kurogiri and Tomura notice and decide to question me about it.

Tomura: Is there something wrong Izuku?
Izuku:... I left some parts of my story out. Not everyone bullied me. My childhood best friend, Chaco, she didn't. She saw me fall from the roof. I'm going to miss her so much.

Tomura pats my back (with his gloves on) and sighs.

Tomura: There's nothing I can do about that, but I can tell you that that girl really cares for you. I just know it.

That makes me cry more. Ochaco is so amazing. She has a great quirk, and she's super defensive. With her by my side we were an unstoppable duo. I not only left her, I left mom. She must be heartbroken right now.

Kurogiri given me a napkin and I wipe my tears. As sad as I am about leaving my bff and mother, I'm glad I have these two and dad.

My death ended up going on the news. Everyone wouldn't stop talking about me. I kind of felt like a celebrity. Everyone wanted to the story of the boy who killed himself. I just laughed it off. This is the backstory of my life.

To be continued...

Words- 1283

Thanks for reading! 💛