Widow

The rain poured down onto her, her funeral attire growing completely soaked. She was numb, though, and not even the rumble of thunder could get her to move. 

"Carisi!" A voice called over the loud clap of thunder. Amanda stayed motionless as she stared at the mound of dirt in front of her.

"Amanda! You are going to get sick! C'mon!" The voice called again, before their hands grabbed Amanda's arms and forced her to her feet. Amanda leaned heavily on the person, before hesitantly turning her head up to look at them.

"Liv?" Amanda breathed, as she looked at her drenched commanding officer.

"We need to get you dried off and warmed up. So please, we need to go." Olivia spoke firmly, as she took a hand away from Amanda and flipped some of her hair out of her face.

"I don't wanna leave him." Amanda whimpered as she tried to pull away.

"I know, Amanda. But if you never leave him, those kids won't have a mother or father. You don't want that, right?"

Amanda hesitantly looked back at Olivia and shook her head.

"No." Amanda whimpered.

"Good girl. C'mon."

///

Olivia moved around her apartment as quietly as possible. She had forced Amanda to take a hot shower, before lending her some dry clothes to put on afterwards. All the kids were with Olivia's sitter, so she only had one wounded person to take care of.

"Here, drink this." Olivia spoke, as she held a mug of tea out to Amanda. However, Amanda didn't even look up. She didn't even attempt to grab the mug because she was zoned out again.

The one thing, the one person who was clouding her mind, was her late husband. Dominick had been killed in the line of duty, and there was nothing anyone could do to save him. The man that shot him left him in an alley and no one found him until the next day.

"Amanda, I know you are heartbroken... that you miss him like crazy, but you can't stop taking care of yourself. So please, drink this." Olivia frowned, as she grabbed Amanda's hand and forced it onto the mug.

Then Olivia had to help Amanda drink from the mug. It was as if Amanda wasn't capable of doing anything anymore, and Olivia would have to be her caregiver.

"I can't imagine life without him, Liv."

"I know, honey. But-"

"Dominick was my soulmate, Liv! From day one, I was in love with him! He helped me raise Jesse, then blessed me with Billie, Natalie, and Junior! Like, how can I move on? How I might be happy for the rest of my life if he isn't here with me? You should have left me out in that damn rain!" Amanda sobbed. She smacked the mug out of Olivia's hand and the tea went all over.

Olivia swallowed hard before grabbing her friend and wrapping her in a tight hug. Amanda fought Olivia, her nails scratching her skin, but Olivia didn't stop. She refused to let Amanda just stop. Stop living and stop fighting. No matter how heartbroken Olivia was herself, she was determined to be stubborn and not give up when her friend was.

"I love you, Amanda. I care about you so deeply, and I refuse to let you give up on life. So no matter what you need, I'm your girl. I promise."

///

Dominick's passing left a dark cloud over all the 1-6 precinct. Amanda took an extended leave and moved in with Olivia and Noah. It was a tight fit, but the kids and Amanda needed the love and support of Olivia and Noah. 

Months went by, and then a year. Amanda eventually went to seek help, but it didn't help her at all. Nothing did. 

"I think I'm going to head to bed." Olivia spoke, as she uncovered her legs before placing the blanket over Amanda.

"Why?" Amanda asked softly, as she grabbed her hand to stop her.

"I'm tired, honey. It's been a long day, and everyone is exhausted."

"The kids weren't. Junior and Noah were playing with legos right until we forced them into their beds." Amanda said with a small smile, but it was weak.

"Okay, but they all had cake tonight. So I'm going to go to bed. When you are ready, head to bed yourself. Okay?" Olivia spoke. Amanda nodded weakly, but didn't let Olivia's hand go.

Amanda looked to where their hands were joined before moving her eyes up to Olivia's face.

"Okay, I'll stay up." Olivia yawned before she sank down onto the couch again.

They sat for at least two more hours before Amanda spoke again.

"Do you think I'll ever be better? Or that I'll ever fall in love again?"

"I don't know what to say, honey. He was your soulmate. You said it yourself, so you may never fall in love again. But the pain will ease. It won't hurt nearly as much to wake up in the morning."

"I think I'm going to move to Atlanta. My mother can help me with the kids... it's just too hard to be here." Amanda spoke, and Olivia nodded.

"Okay."

"I'll come and visit, or-"

"Or Noah and I can come down and visit. I could use a vacation once every decade." Olivia said with a tired laugh.

"Thank you so much for helping me out, Liv. It means a lot."

"I'd do it again in a heartbeat, Amanda."

///

Amanda packed up and decided that moving down to Atlanta was the exact thing she needed to do. Olivia helped with the packing and shipping of items before taking Amanda and her kids to the airport.

"Call me when you land, okay?" Olivia spoke, as she stood to the side and said her goodbyes. She had already said them to the kids, and now Noah was just standing with the kids as he waited for his mother to be done.

"I promise, Liv." Amanda smiled.

"Good, and just take care of yourself. There are people that adore you, and I am one of those people."

"I love you, Liv. A lot. Thank you so much for taking care of me and the kids this last year. For giving up your dating life to be my babysitter." Amanda chuckled as she grabbed Olivia's hand and squeezed it.

"I don't have a dating-" Olivia started, but she stopped when Amanda kissed her.

Olivia closed her eyes tightly and gave Amanda a soft kiss back, before hesitantly stepping back.

"I think I'm going to be okay in the future. All thanks to you."

Here is a tiny bit of Rolivia just for you, LilyBlue1216 ! Hope you all enjoyed!