Sneaking

He opened her door slowly and examined the dark living space before hesitantly stepping out. She followed him closely, their hands clasped together.

"Do you think he heard us?" Elliot whispered, as Olivia slowly unlocked her front door to make sure Noah didn't hear the clicks.

"We tried to be quiet, but this is too exciting to be quiet about," Olivia smiled weakly. She opened her front door and gave Elliot a shove out into the hall. Before she could shut him out, he was grabbing her waist and pulling her close. He placed kisses against her swollen lips before leaning back and looking at Olivia.

"Tomorrow night?" He asked, and Olivia blushed at the idea of seeing Elliot naked and sweaty two nights in a row.

"Sure. But show up on time tomorrow. Noah will be getting ready for bed, and I can sneak you in easier when he's in the bathroom," Olivia whispered. She leaned forward and kissed Elliot again before shoving him away as she heard Noah's bedroom door open.

"Mom?" Noah yawned, as Olivia quickly shut and locked the front door. She leaned against it as Noah approached her.

"Hey, sweet boy. Is something wrong?"

"I heard the front door open. I was wondering if you got called in," Noah yawned loudly, as he stepped forward and hugged his mother's waist. 

Olivia looked back towards her bedroom door and bit her lip when she saw one of Elliot's socks sitting on the floor. She prayed that Noah wouldn't see it, since the last thing she wanted was for her son to know she was sleeping with her former partner and best friend.

"One of our neighbors just got home and had some of our mail. I was just making sure I locked the door before heading to bed," Olivia lied.

"It's late, it could have waited until the morning," Noah sighed. 

He stepped away from his mother and padded back to his bedroom. Olivia wait until the door shut before turning and glancing out the peephole. Elliot was no longer outside her door, even if she wished he was. She couldn't wait for the next night when she got to enjoy the long kisses that Elliot laid against every inch of her body.

///

Every night Elliot went over to Olivia's apartment. He'd sneak in while Noah was getting ready for bed and hide in Olivia's room until she joined him. Once they were done making love and catching up, Elliot would sneak out again and count down the minutes until he'd be back again under the silky sheets on Olivia's bed, his fingers digging into the soft flesh of her full hips.

"Tonight is strange," Elliot laughed as Olivia walked back into her bedroom.

"Strange but good. We didn't have to restrain from crying out like we usually do," Olivia replied as she handed Elliot a glass of water.

"So, Noah is having a sleepover?"

"Yes, he is. One of his friends invited him over for his birthday, and I was hesitant at first, but caved and said yes."

"I'm glad you did," Elliot smiled. He sat the glass of water on the bedside table before reaching out and grabbing Olivia by her waist. He pulled her onto his lap and peppered her bare chest with kisses.

Olivia closed her eyes and felt as her breathing hitched with each kiss. He was gentle, and Olivia felt the love that was behind every kiss.

"I love you," Olivia whispered, as Elliot's tongue gently traced over her skin. He froze for a moment before leaning back and looking at Olivia. Her eyes were closed tightly, and he saw the way she gnawed on her bottom lip.

"Liv," He breathed, his fingers moving from her hips and to her chin. He titled her head down and then ever so softly kissed her lips. When they parted, Olivia's eyes opened to reveal tears.

"I-i'm sorry. I never should have said that. Kathy hasn't been gone for that long, and now I'm telling you I love you. It's dumb and inconsiderate. I'-"

"I love you too, Liv. It's taken a while to come to terms with that, but I'm glad I did. Nights like these really confirmed my feelings," Elliot spoke. He ran his fingers over through Olivia's hair as she leaned into his hand. Tears slipped down her cheeks, and Elliot tried his hardest to kiss them away.

///

Their nights grew more intense. It got to where neither wanted to hide what was happening between them. So one night they planned for Elliot to come over while Noah was awake and ready to meet Elliot again. This time as more than just his mother's former partner. This time, it's his mother's boyfriend. The reason she couldn't stop smiling.

"How can I help you?" Noah asked, after opening the apartment door. Standing on the other side was Elliot, a bouquet of white roses in his hand.

"Hey, Noah. I'm Elliot Stabler. We met last winter, but didn't really have time to talk."

"Okay, but why are you here?"

"Noah, please be polite. He's here to have dinner with us," Olivia sighed. She left the kitchen and mussed her son's hair, before inviting Elliot in. 

While Olivia finished up making dinner, Noah and Elliot set the table before sitting in the living room and discussing school, work, and dance. Elliot had been warned ahead that Noah's passion was dance and not sports, so he did some research and surprised Noah when he asked questions that had to do with dance.

"So Noah, Elliot is here because we have to tell you something," Olivia breathed as she held Elliot's hand under the table. His thumb was running gently over her skin, since she was terrified of telling her son about their relationship. This differed from anything before. 

Elliot was different from Tucker. And Noah wasn't around when she dated Brian.

"Is he the 'neighbor'?" Noah mused.

"What?" Elliot asked, but the moment he looked at Olivia, he saw her face was beet red. She had been caught in a lie, and now Noah was calling her on it.

"Yes, Elliot was the 'neighbor'. I was letting him out that night, and you caught me, so I decided to lie. So-"

"Are you dating my mother? If so, do you love her?" Noah asked, his eyes moved from his mother and straight to Elliot.

Elliot didn't even have to think. He just nodded and smiled.

"I love your mother a lot, and I very much enjoy being her boyfriend. I hope you'll accept me."

"I guess we will see, won't we," Noah smiled, before going back to discussing their days and Noah's upcoming recital.