Wedding Date

Here you go owen_the_dumbass23! I hope you enjoy!

She let out a sigh as she watched her friend dance with her husband for the first time. The music was loud in the ballroom, and she shook when someone touched her arm.

"Casey! You scared me!" Alex exclaimed, as she placed a hand against her chest.

"I'm so sorry," Casey chuckled, as she sat beside her friend and passed her another glass of wine.

"No, you aren't. That laugh says it all," Alex mumbled. Casey took a sip from her own wine glass before looking out as Elliot spun Olivia around on the dance floor.

"They are adorable together, Alex. Like, they truly found their missing piece when they got together," Casey breathed, her body leaning closer to her friend.

"I wish I could have what they do... Starting a family and just being happy," Alex mumbled. She sipped from her wine for a moment as the song changed to something faster. Many other guests joined the newlyweds on the floor, but Alex didn't even try to move.

"Lexi," Casey breathed, using the nickname only she was allowed to use. Alex turned to her friend before smiling.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to dance with me?"

"It's a pretty fast song, so if you wanted to slow dance with me you'll have to wait," Alex grinned. Casey laughed softly, before shrugging as she stood. She tugged on her bridesmaid dress before reaching a hand out to Alex.

"I can just grind on you instead!"

Alex let out an actual laugh as she grabbed Casey's hand and walked onto the dance floor. They started dancing slowly, before matching the beat. It wasn't long before Olivia joined them, and Alex stopped feeling so bad for herself.

///

Lots of wine was drank by Alex and Casey, and a few hours later they were slow dancing together. Neither had a date, and the groomsmen they walked down the aisle with were married and currently dancing with their wives. 

"Hands off the ass, Novak," Alex smiled, as she brushed a loose curl away from her face.

"I'm sorry, it's just right there. This dress is so tight and looks great on you," Casey growled as she leaned closer to Alex. Her lips pressed against Alex's neck, right below her earlobe. 

Both were shocked by this, and leaned back to stare at each other.

"D-did you just kiss me?" 

"Um, yes. I did," Casey replied softly. Alex bit her lip before glancing at those around them. No one noticed, so Alex grabbed Casey's hand and dragged her out of the ballroom and into the hall. 

Once the door shut, the only thing they could hear was each other's breathing. 

"I'm sorry for kissing you, Alex. I didn't mean to do it... but I enjoyed it," Casey breathed. Alex swallowed hard before letting her eyes drop to Casey's lips.

For years, they had only been friends. They supported each other through the hardest of times, and always went back to each other after they fought. 

Now they stood there thinking about a kiss that didn't take place between their lips, but still filled their minds with what it may be like to kiss each other on the lips. If one would take it to the next step.

"When is it appropriate to leave a wedding you were in?" Alex breathed, as she kept her eyes locked on Casey's lips. She watched as Casey drew in her bottom lip, before locking eyes with Casey.

"Um... the bride and groom are leaving soon. Maybe we should-"

"We can wait until they leave, and then I think we need to go somewhere private."

"Private?" Casey asked.

"Um, yes. Private... My place is not that far-"

"Are we going to talk or-"

"I guess we will see," Alex smiled.

///

The moment Elliot and Olivia left, Alex and Casey snuck out. They got a cab to Alex's building before trying to make it to her apartment without acting too excited. The moment the door opened, Alex grabbed Casey by her hips and drew her close.

"Alex!" Casey gasped.

"You fucking kissed me, Casey! Like, I know we had like four glasses of wine, but that doesn't mean it didn't matter. You meant it, right?" Alex asked, as she used her hands to steer Casey towards her bedroom. They stumbled a few times, but managed to stay upright.

"Yeah, I meant it! Just like I meant to grab your ass tonight! But Lexi-"

"No, Casey. We have been looking for the right one for us, but maybe we were looking at the wrong gender. All the men we have dated are so annoying and end up breaking our hearts. Maybe my prince that rides in on a white horse to save me... maybe it's a princess. A princess with red hair most of the time, a gravely voice, and the most beautiful eyes," Alex exclaimed passionately.

Casey's eyes filled with tears as she leaned forward and kissed Alex passionately. She cupped Alex's cheeks in her hands and she kept deepening the kiss as the moments went on.

"Why did you stop?" Alex whimpered.

"I'm out of breath, Lexi," Casey panted as she opened her eyes. Alex frowned before pressing her forehead against Casey's.

"I never want to stop kissing you, Case. That kiss was the best one I have ever experienced... so can we just get back to that?" Alex smiled. Casey nodded, before turning around so her back was to Alex.

"What are you doing?"

"Unzip me, Alex. And make it quick... I have more than just kissing on my mind now."

///

They laid together in Alex's bed, their bodies tangled together underneath the blankets. Casey laid with her head against Alex's shoulder, and she played with Alex's fingers.

"So, what are we going to tell everyone?" Casey asked.

"No idea, Case. Maybe we should just enjoy our long weekend and decide eventually." 

"Do you not want to have a label or-"

"Trust me, Case... I can't wait to tell everyone about us kissing and falling in love with each other. But I don't want to tell anyone for a while. I'd like to enjoy being your partner for a while before letting everyone in. I love you, Case," Alex spoke.

"I love you too."