Undercover Lover

She sighed as she typed in a price for yet another item. When she had taken this assignment, Olivia didn't realize how boring being a cashier at a small town grocery store would be. Her usual undercover assignments took her into the heart of the investigation. This time she was just waiting and seeing.

"Howdy." A deep voice spoke as he came up to Olivia's cashier. She looked up from where she was filling up her bags and gave him a small nod.

"Howdy."

Olivia rang in the man's items, and it wasn't long before he spoke to her.

"Are you new?" He mused, and Olivia nodded.

"Yes, sir. Just started last week."

"It's nice to see a new face around here. Don't get me wrong, Marnie always had the good gossip, but everyone knew everyone." He spoke. Olivia smiled softly as she placed a few cans into a bag before looking at him.

"I'm Olivia." She breathed, her hand reaching out to him. Since Olivia was so far away from the city, they decided she could keep her first name, but forced her to change her last name. 

"Elliot Stabler at your service." He chuckled as he shook Olivia's hand.

They continued to chit chat as Olivia finished ringing in his groceries before she volunteered to help him carry them to his truck. Once outside, Olivia placed a bag in the back of the old rusty Ford and watched as three big vans drove through the center of this tiny town.

"Those are the Munson boys. Always driving right in a row, never talking to anyone." Elliot sighed as he ran his hand over the back of his neck.

"How far out do they live?" Olivia mused, as she kept her eyes locked on the vans and memorized their license plates.

"They live just past my farm. Why? Sweet on one of them?" Elliot teased. Olivia turned to him and smiled.

"Maybe sometime I could see your farm." She grinned, and Elliot nodded quickly. He was slightly flustered, and his face red.

"I'm sure we could set something up." He breathed. He took his ball cap off and waved it at Olivia before climbing into the driver's seat.

Olivia stepped back and let him back up, before waving as he drove in the same direction the Munson boys went. She kept her eyes focused on them until they were out of sight before hesitantly moving back into the store.

///

Three times that week, Olivia caught those same three vans driving back and forth through town. They'd be gone for a few hours before coming back through. They never stopped, not even at the one stop sign in the middle of town. Olivia sent as much information about this strange habit to her FBI agent, but she knew it wasn't enough. She had to get closer, and her way to that was through that farmer.

"Miss Olivia." Elliot smiled when he saw the woman climb out of her small car. Olivia had asked around and got Elliot's address, and it wasn't that hard to find. Now all she had to do was find the Munson property.

"Hey, Elliot. I'm sorry to just drop by, but it's my day off, and you haven't stopped by again." Olivia spoke. 

"Don't worry about it, darling. I only come in a few times a month, and this week I just lucked out when meeting you." Elliot grinned. The way he smiled made Olivia blush, and she grew a little shy under his gaze.

"So, mind giving me a tour?" She mused, as she attempted to recover.

"It would be my honor."

Elliot gave Olivia a tour of the grounds of his farm. She saw the beautiful white farmhouse, along with the many animals Elliot had. After they settled down and ate lunch, Olivia asked to see the fields.

"So, that's corn." Elliot laughed as he and Olivia rode horses down the road. Olivia tried to be interested, but all she could focus on was a dark brown house down the road.

"Cool." She breathed, her eyes still focused on the other house.

"Olivia, is everything okay?" Elliot asked as he reached out and gently touched Olivia's arm. She jumped a bit before looking at him.

"Yeah, sorry. Is that also your land?" Olivia pointed, and Elliot looked in the direction she had been staring and shook his head.

"Nah, that is the Munson land. Their Daddy still farms it and the boys help. Why?"

"Just wondering." Olivia smiled.

Elliot took Olivia back to his farm after about an hour's ride, and he made her dinner. They sat together on the front porch afterwards, and Elliot's hand found Olivia's.

"Something is bothering you." He spoke. Olivia looked at him with wide eyes. She has never had a man be concerned about her or notice that something was actually bothering her. Olivia took a deep breath before speaking.

"I think the Munson family is up to something they shouldn't be. I came from a bigger city east from here, and girls were going missing. Like not just one here or there, but large groups. Those vans were spotted there, and I think they are the ones doing it." Olivia breathed. Elliot frowned deeply and nodded slowly.

"They were always assholes in school. I wouldn't be surprised. So what are you going to do about it?" Elliot mused, and Olivia smiled softly.

"I'm going to gather evidence and turn it in." Olivia breathed. She didn't want to tell him she was a cop, because then this entire process would go down the drain. 

"I can help." He offered, and Olivia was quick to shake her head.

"I don't want you getting hurt. I promise you I won't either." Olivia spoke. She wrapped her arms around Elliot's body and hugged him tightly.

They stayed in the embrace for a long moment, before hearing the sound of tires over gravel. They turned and watched as the Munson vans left once again.

///

Elliot gave Olivia times and dates of when he saw the vans roll past his house. They met up every few days to trade notes, and to also talk. Olivia and Elliot were very much attracted to each other, and found that spending time together working on this project made that attraction grow much stronger.

Two months went by, and Olivia had finally sneaked down to the Munson farm and snoop around while the vans were gone. Their father was sleeping in his recliner at the time, so Olivia could look all around. She found a cellar under the barn that had several locks and chains on it. When she put her ear to it, she heard crying and whispering. 

The moment she heard that, she ran back to her car and called the FBI to report what she found. Within a few hours, not long after the vans pulled back in, helicopters flew over with their spotlights on and the yard filled with cars with blaring sirens and nearly a hundred FBI agents.

Olivia walked the father to one vehicle, his hands behind his back in cuffs. She was just shutting the door when she saw Elliot standing by his rusty old truck.

She left another agent near the car before moving to Elliot.

"So, I can explain." She breathed.

"Your FBI, huh?" He questioned, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, I'm NYPD. The big city out east is New York City. I'm actually Detective Olivia Benson, not Olivia Patterson..." Olivia trailed off.

She hated she had to lie to Elliot, but it was worth it to catch these bastards and release the nearly three hundred girls from their captors.

"You are kinda badass." Elliot spoke as a soft smile grew on his lips.

"What?" Olivia breathed. Elliot continued to smile as he reached his arm out and pulled her close. Elliot leaned in and kissed Olivia's lips softly before looking into her deep brown eyes.

"If you ever find yourself out here again, I'll be waiting to kiss you."