Tiny Stablers

Here is the one shot you requested Linsteadforever1998! This is a super long one, so I hope you enjoy!

Olivia and Elliot sat together in the office of their fertility doctor. Their mouths were wide open as shock covered their expressions. 

"Olivia? Elliot? Are you two okay?" Dr. Montgomery asked as she returned her computer monitor to its original position. Elliot blinked several times before turning his head to face his wife. Olivia slowly met Elliot's eyes as fear filled her own. 

"Four?" Olivia asked her husband quietly.

"I think Dr. Montgomery said that. Did we hear her wrong?"

"No, you didn't hear me wrong. There are four," Dr. Montgomery replied, drawing the attention of the couple in front of her.

"H-how? We didn't even think this round would take... let alone give us four babies," Elliot breathed, blindly reaching for his wife's hand. He felt the soft skin of the top of her hand before slipping his fingers between hers.

"I know that this is a shock, but sometimes IVF allows for multiples. Twins, triplets, quadruplets, and even more sometimes just happen. I have pamphlets that will give you information on your options. Now, some are riskier than others but-"

"Are you recommending that we terminate them all or a few?" Olivia asked weakly, her face growing hot as her stomach cramped. She felt like she might get sick, and she knew it was because of the news they just received.

"At your age, carrying four babies isn't safe. Please, just read through these and we can discuss your decision next week. Okay?"

Olivia and Elliot nodded slowly as they stood on shaky legs. Elliot grabbed the pamphlets from Dr. Montgomery, then guided his wife from the room, his hand resting on her lower back and applying pressure in the direction he wanted her to turn.

///

Olivia sat on the back porch of their three-bedroom house in Queens, a steaming mug of tea between her palms. She had been sick all night, but she didn't know if it was morning sickness or just the stress of finding out she was carrying four babies. That their last attempt to get pregnant led them to having three more babies than expected.

"We've been trying to get pregnant for twelve years, and now at forty-two we are having four babies," Elliot spoke as he walked through the sliding glass door with a beer in hand.

"El, what are we going to do? This isn't something we can simply just ignore and it'll figure itself out... If this pregnancy is viable, I'm gonna get huge and fast." 

Elliot sank down beside his wife as a deep sigh left his chest. All he and Olivia had ever wanted was to be parents. Now they were expecting for the first time after twelve years of negative pregnancy tests, and they weren't even excited. Both were terrified of what would happen and if Olivia's body was strong enough to carry these babies as close to term as possible.

"Do you think we should do selective termination? We could end up with one or two babies," Elliot offered. 

"Or I could lose all the babies. It's incredibly risky to do that, and we really want to be parents," Olivia frowned.

"How long do we have to decide?" Elliot asked before taking a long drink from his beer bottle.

"It's still early, so a few weeks, I think. I don't want to wait that long, okay?"

"We will figure this out, baby."

///

After lots of praying and discussing their options with Dr. Montgomery, Olivia and Elliot decided to continue with the pregnancy. Dr. Montgomery promised to support the couple with their decision and set them up with a great high-risk doctor who would monitor Olivia throughout her entire pregnancy.