Orphaned: Part Two

TerriDavis5150 here is part two as requested!

The first several months of Jesse's life were hard. Not only was Olivia grieving the loss of her best friend, she also had to figure out how to be a parental figure to an orphaned little girl. 

Beth Anne decided against fighting Amanda's will when she realized she couldn't use the money from Amanda's sold items and bank account to hire an attorney. Olivia allowed contact between Beth Anne and her granddaughter, but it ended up being a rare occurrence. She would send gifts, but wouldn't make a trip to New York to watch her grandbaby grow from a tiny baby to a full-fledged human.

Olivia was there, though, along with Dominick and Fin. 

"Kid!" Olivia called as she walked into the apartment. Music blared through the small apartment, and it gave Olivia an almost instant pounding headache.

Olivia tossed her bag onto the sofa before walking to Jesse's bedroom. Olivia swung open the door and found the blonde teenager laying on her belly as she clung to her pillow.

"Jesse!" Olivia exclaimed, as she unplugged the speaker directly from the wall before walking to the bed. 

"Liv?" Jesse sniffled as she lifted her head and looked at Olivia. 

"What's happening?" Olivia questioned. She sank down onto the edge of the bed as Jesse continued to cling to her pillow.

"Nothing," the teen lied.

"I've been your guardian for fifteen years, love. I know when you are lying... you are crappy at lying just like your momma was," Olivia said with a soft smile. Jesse closed her eyes tightly as a sob left her throat.

There it is.

"Oh, kid!" Olivia whispered. She quickly pulled her up and wrapped her in a tight embrace.

Jesse clung to Olivia as she settled onto her lap. Olivia rocked her back and forth as she caressed her messy blonde locks.

"I'm ready to listen when you are ready to talk, baby. Just tell me when to be quiet, and I'll shut my mouth. I promise," Olivia whispered. They rocked for a while before Jesse finally leaned back. Olivia carefully brushed the tears from Jesse's cheeks before pressing a gentle kiss to the tip of her nose.

"Please be quiet until I say otherwise, okay?" Jesse sniffled.

"Yes, ma'am," Olivia smiled.

Jesse settled back onto the mattress before sighing softly.

"There is a dance taking place next week. It's a father-daughter dance, and when I told the principal that I didn't have a father... she said that I could bring my mother. But I don't have a mother either, so I feel so left out," Jesse whimpered. Olivia frowned deeply as she kept her mouth closed.

Olivia reached out and caressed Jesse's hair as she waited for permission to speak.

"Aunt Liv, go ahead," Jesse whispered.

"If you still want to go, I'm sure I can get Uncle Dom or Uncle Fin to go with you," Olivia replied.

"But they aren't my fathers... I wish Declan would come around more than once every decade," Jesse sighed.

"What about me?" Olivia mused.

"What about you?"

"What if I rented a suit and was your date? I'm your legal guardian, so I guess you could consider me your mother or father figure," Olivia spoke. She had made it clear to Jesse that she would never force her to use a title that made her uncomfortable.