Losing You

The sun was almost orange as it filtered through the blinds. Sweat glistened on their bodies as his large hand wrapped around one of her exposed breasts. He ran his thumb over her nipple before leaning close and kissing her jaw softly.

She stirred from the kiss and let her head roll to the side. A sleepy smile grew on her lips as she reached up and caressed his prickly cheek.

"Hi," she spoke lazily.

"Hey," He smiled.

"You have to go soon, don't you?"

"Yeah, I do. But I'll be back tonight," He spoke, before leaning close and pressing deep kisses to her lips. Moaning, she climbed on top of him and started to grind against his member. His arms wrapped around her body, but he needed to stop her before they went for yet another round. He had work, and she'd have to go to work soon too.

"I love you, but she'll know if I come home walking funny. We can fuck our brains out tonight," He growled. She stopped grinding, before sighing and rubbing his chest.

"Fine, but I'm in charge tonight."

"Yes, Sergeant Benson," He grinned. Olivia smiled before leaning down and kissing his chin softly.

"Alright, Detective Stabler. Go hop in the shower. I'll make you coffee and send you on the way," Olivia grinned.

///

The day started out as it normally did. Olivia woke up in bed beside the love of her life. She got ready for work, sent him back home to his wife and family, then went into work. She went straight to her desk after greeting Cragen and looked through her emails.

Olivia had such an amazing time with Elliot the night before that she was in such a great mood during her shift.

But then things were different that night. She arrived at her apartment a little later than usual, but Elliot wasn't sitting in her living room with a beer like he usually was. Olivia moved to her answering machine, yet there were no messages. Elliot always called her home phone, since he didn't want Kathy to figure out that he was calling her.

"You've reached the phone of Detective Elliot Stabler. Unfortunately, I couldn't come to the phone. Please leave your name, number, and message. I'll get back to you when I can," Elliot's deep voice spoke. His phone rang several times before it went to voicemail.

"Uh, hey El... It's me. I was wondering if you still planned on coming over tonight or if you were busy instead. I'll talk to you later. Bye," Olivia spoke, her voice shaking.

As she ended the call, all she could think about was that something was wrong. Elliot always answered her calls. That was one issue Kathy had with their entire relationship. Elliot would always put her in front of his family, and that's why he left SVU, but he couldn't leave her. They started their affair, and had been seeing each other for the last ten months since Elliot left.

Olivia looked down at her phone for a moment before dialing Elliot's desk phone, then his home phone. Yet no one answered anywhere.

///

Elliot never returned Olivia's call, so at nearly midnight, Olivia left her apartment and went to search for him. She looked at all of their usual cop bars before heading to his precinct. He worked for Queens SVU now, but that squad didn't get nearly as much action as her unit.

"Sergeant Benson, how can I help you?" Captain Lawson asked when she spotted Olivia walk into the squadroom. Olivia turned to her and sighed softly.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Captain. I'm just wondering where Detective Stabler is? I've been trying to call him, but he won't answer his phone. We had plans tonight, but he never showed. I've been searching for him for the last hour, and I can't find him," Olivia frowned as she rambled. Even if she was anxious about where Elliot was, she still chose her words carefully so that Captain Lawson didn't realize that she and Elliot were together.