Rope

He pulled against the ropes with all his might, but they wouldn't give.

"Don't bother," a voice spoke.

He looked around to discover a thin woman bond in the same way as himself. It was dark where they were being held, but he could still see the bruises on her body and bloody wrists.

"I've already tried that," she mumbled. 

They stood in silence, their wrists bond in rope and hanging by their sides.

"What's your name?" He breathed, his eyes focused on the damp wall in front of him. He didn't want to look at the injured woman beside him.

"Does it matter? We are both going to die here. There is no way in hell that anymore will find us," she huffed. He frowned as he realized she had given up long before he was strung up here beside her.

"I won't give up without a fight, and I can promise you that. So tell me your name."

The woman swallowed hard before coughing. She hadn't had water in days.

"My name is Olivia,"

"Olivia what?" He demanded quickly, as he turned to face her again. The only light that filtered into the room was from the moon, so her face was covered mostly with a shadow. He couldn't confirm if that was his Olivia.

"Benson... Olivia Benson."

"Liv," His voice croaked out. Olivia turned her head to look at him, and she would have cried if she wasn't so dehydrated.

"El, what happened?"

"I wanted to ask you the same thing."

///

The former partners spoke little as they tried to process what had happened. Why they were sitting there together after not seeing each other for years. When they spoke, they kept their voices down so whoever kidnapped them wouldn't hear the words spoken.

"This isn't how I expected to see you again, El. I thought maybe one day you'd show up at the precinct and ask to see me... not be hanging in the same hell hole as me," Olivia sighed, as she watched the door directly in front of her. Elliot was too busy trying to get loose, that he wasn't looking at Olivia.

"Yeah, well, I didn't want to see you in this kind of situation. Where were you when this bastard took you?" Elliot sighed, as he tried to squat low enough to grab a sharp piece of rock that he had been messing with for days.

"I was leaving the station house. I was heading home to see my son."

"Son? Olivia-"

"Elliot, he isn't yours. Calvin is my son."

"Calvin? Like-"

"Oh, my god. Elliot, yes. The little boy I was fostering," Olivia sighed. She hated the fact that he was even thinking that her son could have been his. One night was all they spent together before he went back to Kathy and they went back to being just partners.

"He's gotta be a teenager now... right?" Elliot trailed off awkwardly as he finally grabbed the rock in his hand. Now he had to move just right to get it to rub against the rope.

"I don't know how long I've been here, but if it's been over three months... then he'd be sixteen. My little guy is no longer little," Olivia whispered. She turned her head to look at Elliot and watched as he rubbed the rock against one of his wrists.

"Liv-"

"Is it going to work?" She whispered, her eyes quickly moving back to the door as she heard heavy steps moving towards their room.

"Yes. Just keep your mouth shut and act like nothing is happening."

///

It took several hours for Elliot to get himself loose, then only a few minutes to untie Olivia. He stood in front of her for a few minutes before she stepped forward and wrapped her arms tightly around his body. This was the first time that Olivia had hugged her best friend in years, and she couldn't believe that it was happening in the room they had been held captive.

"Liv, we need to move," Elliot spoke, as he caressed Olivia's blood matted hair.

"I don't think I'll make it out of here alive, Elliot. I'm so weak and tired."

"Honey-"

"Elliot, my arms feel like noodles. I can't fight my way out of here."

Elliot looked at his best friend for a long moment before kissing her forehead softly.

"You gotta keep fighting, love. If not for yourself, but for Calvin. He lost his biological mother, and he can't lose you. So, fight. Get your ass ready to beat the shit out of this bastard."

They stood waiting, and the moment the masked man came to check in on them and beat Olivia again, Elliot moved from his spot and rushed the man. He wrapped his arms around his neck as the man fought the chokehold.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Elliot yelled, as Olivia quickly searched for the key that unlocked the door.

"You... will... regret... this." The man struggled to speak.

"Really? Because you will regret taking us when you are supposed to be dead," Olivia spat, her hand grabbed on tightly to the key and pulling front his belt loop.

"Liv-"

"This bastard pinned us against each other, El. Now he's going to pay," Olivia growled, as she pulled the mask off and stared into the eyes of Victor Gitano. Years before Calvin came into her life, and she and Elliot had their affair, this man destroyed their relationship.

Elliot was shocked that Olivia knew who he was, and the moment she broke his nose. His scream sounded the alarms, and their escape had to be quicker than expected.

///

"You look like shit," Elliot grinned, as he was wheeled into Olivia's hospital room. Seeing her in the light made Elliot's heart break. The bruises and cuts that covered her body made him almost ill.

"Same to you, Stabler," Olivia breathed weakly. She ran her hands over her face before sighing softly.

"Liv, I hate that this happened to you... to us. But I'm glad you were my partner through it all."

"Next time you waltz back into my life, bring flowers and a bottle of wine."