Unconventional Meeting

Her heels clicked as she walked down the hall that held all the cells. A few held disorderly drunks, but the one at the very end held a younger blonde woman who had bloody knuckles and some blood on her sweater. She came to a stop outside of the cell, before sighing as she read the police report in her hand.

"Amanda Rollins?"

"Officer-"

"Detective Benson. I am here to discuss the bar fight that occurred a few hours ago. You are being charged with assault," Olivia sighed. The woman looked up and frowned when she looked at Olivia.

"Why are you talking to me? Isn't this something an officer can deal with? Someone not as beautiful as you?" Amanda questioned, her drawl more noticeable since she was exhausted from tonight, and she was still a little buzzed.

Olivia's eyes went wide as her faces grew warm. She took a breath to calm herself before proceeding.

"Ma'am-"

"Just call me Amanda, Detective Benson. Tell me what is happening so I can figure out bail," Amanda spoke, as she stood and walked to the bars. Her fingers wrapped around the cold metal as she gave Olivia a small smile.

"This is a serious offense, Ms. Rollins. So please, take this seriously... you will head to court in the morning for arraignment. The judge will have you enter a plea, and then the ADA will ask for you to be released on bail or held in a cell until sentencing or your trial. However, I need to know why you hit that man in the bar," Olivia spoke with a frown. She was getting a little tired of the flirting coming from the woman, especially since it was so hard to not respond with compliments back.

"Do you really want to know?" Amanda asked, as she arched her eyebrow.

"Ms-"

"Detective Benson, that piece of shit was drunk. He came in there and got angry when a woman wouldn't give him a blow job at the bar, so he called her a hoe. He got rowdy and kept calling her names, so I punched him. I don't regret a thing, and I bet you think I'm a little more sexy now that I stand up for others," Amanda grinned.

Olivia groaned as she turned on her heel and walked away. She shut the door to the holding cells and ran a hand over her face. She didn't enjoy feeling all flustered, but the job was done and there was no reason she had to see Amanda Rollins again.

///

Amanda and Olivia didn't see each other again for a while. Olivia didn't attend Amanda's arraignment, and Amanda didn't get arrested again for standing up for a woman that was getting harassed. 

A few months later, Olivia found herself in the same bar Amanda beat the shit out of the drunk and disorderly asshole. She sat at the bar and ordered red wine before scrolling through something on her phone. She went to send a text to her friend, when the chair beside her was occupied. 

"I will have what this lovely lady is," the familiar voice spoke with a thick southern drawl. Olivia felt her face grow red as she turned to look at her former prisoner.

"Ms. Rollins."

"Detective Benson, how are ya doing, darling?" Amanda asked, a sly smile on her lips. She noticed the way her words and presence made Olivia all hot and bothered, so she planned on having fun with the brunette beside her.

"Darling? Uh, I-i'm fine." 

"Detective-"

"You can call me Olivia... or Liv if you want," Olivia whispered.

"Olivia suits you. A beautiful name for an incredibly beautiful woman."

Olivia blushed again, and Amanda chuckled softly before reaching for her wine and taking a sip from it.

"Do you have a thing for criminals? Or just women who stand up for others and have a southern accent?" Amanda teased. Olivia swallowed hard before turning to Amanda. 

"What are you doing here? Are you following me or-"

"No, I'm not following you. I wish I was, since I noticed your ass is incredible. However, I'm here to drink. My ban is up, and they have the best beer in the city."

"Yet you are drinking wine," Olivia shot back.

Amanda let out a laugh that was like music to Olivia's ears. Olivia's lips moved into a smile as she turned her body towards Amanda. She reached out and ran her fingertips over Amanda's skin, which stopped her from laughing.

"Detective Benson-"

"Ms. Rollins, did I get you flustered this time?" Olivia asked, and Amanda nodded.

"Yes, but just wait. I can do something even better to you," Amanda spoke quickly, before she leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Olivia's lips.

///

Standing together, each wearing a beautiful white dress, Olivia spoke to her future wife. Their relationship was far from perfect, but the love they had for each other was amazing. Not long after their first kiss, they started dating, then moved in together. Now, almost two years later, they were getting married in front of all their friends and family.

Amanda's sister stood behind her, and Olivia's best friend, Elliot, stood beside her. The guests were quiet, and listed intensely to the bride.

"When we first met, I didn't think you would have been the most amazing woman I know. You had bloody knuckles, and a bit of blood on your shirt. I thought you were a drunk who just wanted to hit something, but you were standing up for someone else and it was like you were meant to be arrested. I know that sounds bad, but it's how I feel. We were meant to meet, so I could fall in love with you. So you could tease me endlessly, but also love me to the ends of the Earth. I love you, and promise to always love you," Olivia breathed, as tears slipped down her cheeks. 

Amanda released one of Olivia's hands and reached up and to wipe the tears from her cheeks.

"I love you too, Liv," Amanda breathed, before Amanda's friend spoke. He was standing up for the couple that were like two puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly.

"I am now happy to announce you criminal and detective, you may kiss each other," He teased, as laughter filled the room.

Amanda grabbed her wife by her waist and tugged her close before kissing her deeply.