Wrong Page

Olivia flinched when she heard him slam the door to the stairs. What she had expected to be a simple conversation led Brian to slamming doors and throwing fits. If only he would have understood that Olivia wasn't looking for anything serious, and probably wouldn't be for a while.

"What was that?" Elliot asked as he jogged out of the squadroom and to where his partner stood.

"Nothing." Olivia lied.

"Nothing? Liv, you came out here to talk with Brian. What was it about?" Elliot frowned, as Olivia turned from him and moved back towards the squadroom.

"Elliot, it doesn't matter."

"Olivia-"'

"I fucked him, Elliot. I wanted just one night to have fun and relax... but then he asked me to date him. He said that he had feelings for me, and I don't have any for him. I wanted a release, not a relationship." Olivia groaned as she turned to look at her partner.

"You can't be sleeping with your co-workers. It's a big no-no. So-"

"So nothing, Elliot. I'm not dating Brian, and I learned my lesson. No more having fun with a no-strings attached relationship." Olivia grumbled. She stomped into the squadroom as Elliot sighed and scrubbed his hand down his face.

"These rookies are really getting on my nerves."

///

Brian continued to throw fits and was very short with Olivia. It got to a point that Brian's issues with Olivia caused problems with his work and he got transferred. Everyone but Elliot and Olivia assumed it was because Brian wasn't strong enough to deal with the intense cases they worked, but the real reason was because he wanted Olivia and she didn't want him.

"Hey, sleepyhead. Wake up." Elliot breathed. They all had been doing research from their desks, and then, all of a sudden, Elliot looked up and found his partner sleeping with her head on her desk.

"Huh?" Olivia yawned as she kept her eyes shut.

"Liv, you fell asleep." Elliot chuckled. Olivia lifted her head slowly and looked at Elliot. Everyone else was glued to their computers, so they hadn't noticed.

"I guess I was tired..." Olivia yawned.

"Do you wanna go home? I'm sure that Cragen would let you go home, especially since we haven't found a damn thing." Elliot breathed.

"I'm fine." Olivia yawned loudly before sighing.

"Change your mind?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Mind driving me? I think I'd probably fall asleep behind the wheel."

"Sure. Grab your stuff, I'll just tell Cragen."

///

Elliot drove Olivia home and stayed with her for a bit. He warmed up some pizza for her and made her coffee.

"Here ya go." Elliot smiled.

"Thanks, El. But you didn't have to."

"Yeah, I did. You have been exhausted lately, and someone needs to take care of you."

"I don't know why I am. I sleep from like six at night till six in the morning. I do little after work, and when I do, I'm walking around like I'm a zombie."

"Have you been eating well?" Elliot questioned as he sat beside his friend and watched her eat. Olivia looked at him and gave him a forced smile.

"When have I ever? I miss most meals."

"Maybe that is it? Or..."

"Or what? Elliot, c'mon. Spit it out, then go back to work." Olivia grumbled.

"You had a fling with Cassidy. Maybe you have a tiny Cassidy giving you grief." Elliot chuckled, before leaning over and kissing Olivia's forehead softly.

He left Olivia's apartment as she zoned out on the TV. Maybe Elliot was right.

One night of unprotected sex could totally lead to a baby that neither Brian nor Olivia had expected.

///

Olivia's symptoms continued to get more noticeable, and Olivia finally went to her doctor's office and see if she was pregnant. When she got the call, Olivia wasn't surprised to find out she was pregnant, let alone when she was confirmed to be six weeks along.

"I really don't sleep with many guys, so the time line points to Brian." Olivia sighed, as she and Elliot ate lunch together. She had yet to tell Brian or Cragen, so Elliot was her only proper support system at this moment.

"Do you think he'll step up? Do you know what you wanna do?" Elliot mused as Olivia took a bite of her salad.

She sat and chewed for a few moments, but also thought. If Brian was so pissed off about Olivia turning him down, maybe that meant he was more ready to settle down than she was. Maybe he would step up and be an amazing father to their child.

"This isn't the best time to have a kid, Elliot. I'm just figuring out my life as a detective, so I don't know if I'll be able to be a good mother to this kid." Olivia sighed.

"You'd be a great mother, Olivia. I hope that helps with your decision."

"Do you really think so? I wouldn't ruin the baby?" Olivia breathed, and Elliot grinned.

"That kid is lucky."

///

Olivia stood outside of the courthouse as she waited for Brian to go on his lunch break. It had been another month since Olivia found out she was pregnant, and she just got up the nerve to tell Brian.

"Cassidy!" Olivia called once she saw Brian walking down the stairs. It took Brian a few moments before spotting Olivia. He groaned and walked away from her.

Olivia swore before chasing after him.

"Brian, stop it! I need to talk to you!" Olivia yelled.

Brian stopped quickly before turning to Olivia. He had anger in his eyes, and his face was a deep red. No matter how long it had been since Olivia turned him down, Brian was still pissed off.

"You turned me down, and now you are here again? What do you want? Another quickie in your living room? How about right here on the steps?" Brian snapped.

Olivia took a slow breath and tried to keep her anger at bay. At her appointment, the doctor warned her she already had higher blood pressure, and she needed to calm down. Otherwise, she'd harm herself and her baby.

"I'm pregnant, asshole! Congrats, you are going to be a dad."

Thank you DescendantsLove8 for this idea! I loved writing it!