Chapter Twelve

It was pretty silent in the car until we got around a block away from the party. You could hear the music all the way down the road. I don't have a good feeling about this party. We pulled up a couple houses down and parked where we could. We got out and started walking to the house. Billy kept on inching closer and closer to my side and anytime our hands would brush up against each other he would slightly entangle our fingers together and then instantly let go by the fifth time of this happening I moved a feet or so away from him to make sure there was space. As soon as we got there the kids outside instantly recognized us "Oh so you're sleeping with a Harrington now" one of them said. It's embarrassing how instantly people assume we're sleeping with each other but honestly with Billy's reputation that he has already I'm not surprised that they would've assumed that. I rolled my eyes and pushed my way through the open door that led to the house leaving Billy behind.

I went to the kitchen and my eyes were instantly met to the man standing in front of a girl on the counter. It was jasper. I completely forgot about the fact that we were supposed to hang out until now, but I'm assuming he forgot about it too. I went over to the punch bowl and poured some of the dark burgundy liquid into a red plastic cup. The smell of the alcohol instantly burned my nose when I brought the cup to my lips. The smell is something I could never get used to, it smelled like straight gasoline in a way, basically it smells like an instant black out. That nice burning sensation was appearing down my throat with every sip that I took. I started walking farther and farther into the crowd of everyone in the living room area and to no surprise Billy is on the couch with Tommy H. and Carol and that whole group but the surprising thing was that there wasn't a single girl basically on top of him. I watched him tell multiple girls no as the girls rolled their eyes and walked away to their friends and basically threw a tantrum. It was funny to be honest.

In the far right corner of the room was Eddie Munson with his metal lunch box, smart idea though. Go to a party and you'll get a ton of sells from kids who just want to smoke. My view was blocked by someone walking up to him so I'm assuming they could buy something from him. I felt like someone's eyes were burning holes through my body and I looked over and it was Billy. I rolled my eyes and went back outside through the open door. The fresh air hits me and it actually feels good, it balances out the heat from all the bodies in the house. I finished my cup and set the empty cup down next to me. There wasn't really many people outside except for the ones that were leaving, it was like they all waited outside for Billy and once he came they followed him like lost puppies. It's embarrassing in a way but people probably view me the same way with Steve. I looked over at the unmowed grassy area of this persons yard and I noticed all the flowers, I got up and made my way over to them when I heard someone yelling my name "Y/n! Come here! I found a camera!" Does he seriously want me to be his photographer for the night.

I turned to look at Billy and as he was walking closer, in his hands I saw the Polaroid camera. He had an actual grin on his face while his dirty blonde mullet bounced with each step he took. I didn't really get to take in his outfit until now but he had on a white button down shirt that was tucked into his blue jeans that were a bit darker than his jean jacket he had on. His button down had the first three buttons undone so the top of his chest was showing which made a perfect showcase for the necklace he always wears. His blue jeans fit him snugly yet he seemed comfortable in them and like he could do a race in them. He was wearing a leather belt that definitely had some wear to it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's from all the girls he's hooked up with. His jean jacket was slightly different than the one he left at my house which is technically mine now, but the new one was a bit shorter and he rolled the sleeves up a bit but I did notice the red lipstick stain on it. It was a bright fire engine red and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the mark. It's like all I do around him is roll my eyes. When he got closer he put the camera up to his eye so he can look at what he wanted to take a picture of and somehow it was me. "Say cheese" his laugh from the other side of the camera made my cheeks flush up and made a smile appear onto my face