Happy Be-Day/V Day!

Hoseok's  birthday is situated in an awkward place on the calendar, so near Valentine's Day.

Actually, so is Yoongi's, as his is on the presidential Election Day for South Korea, plus White day a few days later.

So is Namjoon's, his birthday is just after Chuseok, a kind of harvest festival celebrated for the three days prior.

As is Jimin's, so close to Hangul Day. Hmm.. I guess it's impressive and important to celebrate the creation of a major language, developed in the same century as when Christopher Columbus got lost on his way to India. Honestly, it seems much more important, so i'm happy to celebrate it with everyone else.

Taehyung's is as well, with Christmas just a couple of days before, and the global new year a day or two after. I know the Korean new year is the third week of January, but even if they don't recognize it as a seasonal new year, they do recognize the calendar change over, with every Korean citizen being recognized as one year older on January first.

Taehyung's birthday is well and truly wedged in between major social holidays, so he likes to make his birthday a personal one. His vid call with his parents was a moment in which each member was quiet... a rarity in the place unless everyone is asleep. 

Each of the guys truly respects every birthday, calls to family, and they always make sure there's time to communicate with loved family members.

****

'I want to celebrate my birthday by having a Valentine's Day date with you.' Hoseok whispers in my ear.

I try to muffle a shriek.

'I. Was. Just. Reading!' I half shout, half grit though my teeth.

Seriously, how did he sneak up on me?!

'You mean you didn't hear his elephant stomping feet as he tried to tiptoe up to you?' Namjoon asks, an eyebrow and a smirk firmly lifting his eyes in mirth at my response.

I glare at him from my comfy club chair, him sprawled put on a couch as he eyes Hoseok and I over his own book.

'Yes.' I change my glare to the culprit. 'I did not hear Hoseok tiptoeing his way to me.'

The satisfied grin on Hoseok's face at my admittance makes me want to both growl and pull him in for a punishing kiss. But, my book is in my hands, so I only growl.

****

'Since the rules have been relaxed on the quarantine I've been getting nagged by my mom that she and dad want to see me again. And not over a screen.' Hoseok admits as we are driven to a high end hotel. With, you know, a restaurant... a really nice one.

'So they're in town?' I ask. He nods. 'And let me guess, they're staying at the hotel we're eating at?' He nods again. 'And they want to meet me. Face to face, as it were.' Again he nods, watching me anxiously.

'Are you okay with this? If you aren't, I'll tell them we'll come visit once this quarantine stuff is over.' He offers.

I shake my head. 'No, it's fine. I'm actually kinda glad you didn't let me know earlier, I'd have been a bigger mess than I am now.' In classic Hoseok he sighs dramatically, a gleaming grin breaking across his face as he realizes he's not in trouble... with his parents or with me.

'You said you didn't like surprises though...?' He asks, curious as to my reaction.

I snort. I know, not very ladylike, but I never have given a shit about that before... 'I actually said I don't mind surprises, so long as I can go back to my regular schedule. When I initially said that, I was in the beginning of all this.' I wave my hand vaguely between the two of us, then towards the back window, generally referring to the rest of the guys. 'I've been here for months now, and while it hasn't been what I worked for on my own, it has become a regular schedule. So... I'm fine with surprises.'