Chapter 5- More unexpected returns

What the goos would be the end of the humans something unpredictable happened. More humans came from the elevators, this time they came for a reason. A dangerous reason.

<< <<
(20 minutes ago)

A sound came from the elevator, and all of the protogens turned their heads to the elevator. "Another person?" A protogen asked. The elevator opened up then stepped out a group of humans wearing something like swat armor (I'm not sure how to describe that). One protogens snarled at the humans. The human then pointed a gun at the protogen and the protogen quickly backed off. "Honestly thought this place would have been in a wreck." The leader of the group said. "Come on, let's find a place to settle down before you start killing goos." The humans exited the room, making sure none of the protogens dare try to follow.

[Sometime later on...]

Ferral and Sarrian, a shade, were looking at the screen. It seemed that more humans came since there were now 13 humans that are in the facility. "I have a bad feeling about this," Sarrian muttered. "Do you think we should alert the others?" Ferral asked, turning to his cousin. He shrugged, "If things get worse, then we'll have to start a power outage... Or a blackout." He remarked. "I don't think there's any need to start a power outage and blackout. The electricity is already bad enough." Ferral sighed.

Suddenly some boxes tumbled off the shelf. The two grey wolves turned around towards the noise. "Who's there—" Ferral cut himself off. On the ground was an un-fused diamond slime pup dragon, half of his mask was gone. "What happened to you?" Sarrian asked. The diamond slime pup dragon sat up. "Panther and human." He simply said, checking for any blood. Apparently, he had a fresh cut on his right eye which was where half of the mask was gone. "So you got attacked by both a panther and a human?" Ferral acknowledged. "Well, the panther shattered half of my mask and then I ended up getting attacked by a human but I accidentally attacked the human first so I guess that makes us even." The diamond explained. The two cousins looked at each other. "Come on, let's get you to a medic," Ferral said. The diamond stood up on all fours instead of flying. "Are your wings also damaged?" Sarrian questioned. The diamond checked his wing. "Oh yeah. Forgot about that." There was a hole in his wing. "Well let's go. If a human did that to you then that probably means we should be on the lookout." Ferral led the way out.

The diamond quickly followed behind. "Say, what's your name anyway?" Sarrian asked. "Dai." The diamond answered. "That's a pretty funny name."

>> >>

It wasn't before long they came across Spark, sleeping against the tree in the garden. "Oi, Spark, I know diamonds can't heal but can you try to somehow help Dai?" She stood up and walked over to Dai. "I can try." She said. "Ferral, hand me that medkit over there." Ferral went to go get the medkit and handed it to her. She examined Dai's wound. She then took a wet cloth and cleaned the diamond "blood" off his face then she took bandages and wrapped it over his eye. "There. I wouldn't suggest removing it after some time. And I don't really know what to do with the wing. Be careful out there, ok?" Dai nodded then skittered off.

[Meanwhile...]

Alex, one of the first 3 humans, was playing with their strangely painted knife. "Hey, why do you look so gloomy?" Rosie asked coming up to them. Her katana was badly damaged and was in the urge of breaking. "I kinda feel bad for that shiny slime pup dragon that I attacked," Alex answered, "One of the "returning guards" shoot his wing. He was lucky enough to escape." Rosie frowned a bit when they mentioned the group of humans that came here once again. "I don't trust those guys if you ask me. The guards were always harsh when we were subjects." She grumbled slightly. "Plus, the leader of the group is actually an ex. Co-owner of Laminax Labs that Jake was talking about. I definitely don't trust her." Alex put their knife away. "Hey, what are you gonna do when your katana breaks?" They pointed out, looking at Rosie's katana. "Just gonna go out there and try to find a new one. It's a shame that Abble doesn't sell them in her shop." She shrugged.

Jake then appeared, walking into the barrier. "Any luck on finding your friend?" Alex asked. He shook his head. "Nope, mostly hostile gootraxians. They seriously hate me." Jake answered. "That's ok. Pretty sure you'll find Emily soon." Rosie spoke. "And maybe you should try to take off your lab coat," Alex added. "No, I'm fine!" Jake quickly rejected it. Rosie giggled a bit. "If you say so." She then walked out of the spawn hub. "I'm gonna go finish this katana off, bye guys." Rosie waved goodbye and headed off somewhere.

Alex then turned to Jake. "Didn't your friend Emily tell you about that leader of the group?" They asked. "Yeah, she did," Jake answered. "She said that she never wanted to see Alice again."

"Wait, so what happened to her?"
"During the incident, we were on top of a shelf in the flooded area. She was pulled down by one of the shorks along with a broken taser."
"And she's a medic?"
"Yeah."
"So just find some gootraxian that has good medical skills."
Jake looked at his friend. "You don't know if she actually kept her medical skills," Jake said. "And neither do you!" Alex smirked. One of the returning guards would be watching the two converse, her head tilting to the side as she listened. "Lofi, c'mon, we need to get going!" Another guard called out. "Hold on a second!" Lofi shouted back before putting her helmet on and running up to catch up with the others.
"Lofi-?" Jake repeated softly. "Who's that?" Alex asked, seeming to have heard him. "Uh-- just a guard. She often gets in trouble for being too soft towards the test subjects." He responded, turning to them. "Didn't expect her to be here..."