Halloween Special

October 27th, 2024
four months before the incident...

It was the month of the spooks and Laminax was all decked out for it.

Fake spider webs made out of cotton hung with fake spiders to go with them, silly skeletons stuck to random things, carved pumpkins everywhere, and bowls of candy all around, specifically for the cafe.
And with Halloween right around the corner, being only 4 days away, Mike felt pretty excited.

Considering that he was just now out of high school, still looking for a college to attend, he knew he wouldn't experience those times he got to experience back then. But, since Laminax had special tours for holidays, he wasn't bothered by it. He'd enjoy helping the scientists guide people around as they show off. He might as well make the most of choosing to work at Laminax as a guard.

Besides that, he was also going out with Lofi and Isaac for Halloween.

>> >>

Mike would be carrying a bag of candy into the reception where a bag where an orange bowl decorated with spider webs would be on the table. He opened the bag up and filled the bowl with sweet treats. Chocolate bars, Jolly Ranchers, lollipops, and much more.

Once he was done he adjusted the bowl a bit before smiling. That's one bowl down, only a few more to go.

As Mike was making his way out of the area somebody pushed past him and proceeded to knock the bowl over, having all the candy spill out of it and onto the floor.

Mike knew who it was just by the gestures.

A guard that is a part of the Special Forces, a group of guards that protects the Elite Scientists and captures the test subjects that are special class. Ever since he made the simple mistake of letting go of a test subject, the S.F. guard had been targeting him. Harassing him constantly, oftentimes holding him up against a wall while making a mockery out of him.

Mike couldn't do anything about it, and since his friends were on different units than him it made him feel helpless.

Mike crouched down to pick up the candy and put it back in the bowl. While doing so, he took a moment to look up at the guard, "Not cool." He muttered.

"Oh, sorry, my hand must have slipped," The guard responded as he turned to face him, his voice sarcastic.

Mike frowned and continued picking up candy. He knew the guard attempted stepping towards him before quickly walking past him at the sounds of footsteps coming from behind.

Mike finished putting the candy back into the bowl. As he set the bowl down on the table, he noticed someone.
Mike looked up to see a tall female scientist, somewhere around 6'5", looking down at him with her hand on her hip.

Mike came to recognition as his upset attitude suddenly dropped, "Feather!"

"Dr. Feather," Feather corrected, though she looked happy to see her younger cousin. "How's it going, Mike?"

"Good, until that guard spilled all the candy on the floor," He replied.

"That Special Forces guard again? You know you should seriously tell me his name, I'd be happy to throw some hands for you." She chuckled.

"Aha, no need!" Mike quickly rejected it, becoming anxious. "I seriously don't need you beating up a guard for me, please."

"Oh please, I beat up Special Forces guards all the time!"

"That's... a lie, right?"

"Of course it is, the least I do is intimidate them. Honestly, anyone who works with Stephen should be glad they don't have to deal with me."

Mike smiled a bit. "So, uhm, why aren't you with your group right now?" He then asked.

"Just wanted to see my cousin, that's all." Feather then grabs a KitKat from the bowl of candy and hands it to Mike, "Happy birthday, Mike."

"Oh right, it's my birthday! I'm 19 now, haha!" Mike chuckled as he took the KitKat.

Feather smiled as she shook her head, "I best get going, I'll see you after work." She waved goodbye to him and left the area.

Mike felt happier now, considering the fact his cousin managed to remember his birthday unlike himself.

He left reception while eating the KitKat with the candy bag in his other hand. He guessed he could leave behind what the S.F. guard did back there. It's almost Halloween, anyway.

(Happy early Halloween, everyone!)

(I wanted to make this holiday special side chapter based on one of the humans instead of the goos, and Mike was one of the best choices considering the fact his birthday is during the spooky month.)
(With that, happy birthday to Mike! In irl terms, he'd be 20 now since I created him back in 2022. (If you want to be technical and logical he's 17 right now regarding the fact that PE's time is set 2 years after present (aka right now))

(Anyway, have a great day/afternoon/night and a marvelous scary season!)