Christmas special

December 25, 2024
Two months before the "incident"
(For clarification, PE's time is 2025)

It was the Christmas spirit at Laminax Laboratories.
One of the few times when the facility doesn't feel so... tragic.

Green and red lights were hung around the facility.
There was now a Christmas tree in the middle of the secondary garden (snow cave).
Cafe workers served hot chocolate and special treats such as candy canes.
The test subjects, both human and gootraxian, would give each other presents along with the employees of the facility.

Everything felt great. As if all the trauma was left behind for this special moment.

Pop, a small cyan slime pup who wore a black collar, looked around the pup play area, (a containment area made for slimepups,) amazed by the transition of the dull facility. "Pop!" A voice called out. Pop turned around to met eyes with a flying, un-fused golden slime pup dragon. "Dynasty! Did Dynasty escape her containment again?" He asked, his tail swaying from side to side in a playful motion. Dynasty shook her head, "the humans let us out today for free roaming." Pop's ears perked up. "Really? The humans didn't do that for slime pups."
"Maybe that's because you guys are too full of energy and are ankle biters."
Pop frowned but shook it off. "Say, why don't we go to the cafe? They have some yummy candy canes there." Dynasty suggested. "Ok!" Pop said. Dynasty got onto all fours and sat down, allowing him get on her back. She then flew up and the two exited the pup play area.

>> >>

When Dynasty and Pop got there, there was a lot of humans and gootraxians enjoying their times. The two got candy canes and went over to a table.
"It feels nice being the holidays, huh?" Dynasty said. "Yeah, Pop heard that it snows outside."
"Oh! That reminds me!" Dynasty then handed Pop a card. "Merry Christmas!" Pop opened the card to find a drawing of a winter-y forest. In the middle there was a Christmas tree with Pop and Dynasty sitting next to it holding presents. "How do Dynasty make this?"
"Skill, duh."
Pop looked up at his friend, smiling. It was good to have a friend.

If only he knew what was to come...

(Merry Christmas y'all! I still gotta ping people for chapter 12 lol)
(Have a present 🎁)