Chapter 8- Missing friend

This chapter is connected to kaiju paradise: the A.U Explorer by YeetAHomeboi

Things are getting out of hand. There's been so many deaths, gunshots, and cries that it's almost terrifying.  There are now only 26 gootraxians left. Luckily, Dandelion, a plantix, avoided her fate that she didn't know of. But that was only a few days ago before the guards returned. And surprisingly her brother, Fynnik, and best friend Spark didn't realize that until now.

>> >>

Spark was looking around the garden trying to find Dandelion. "Hi, Spark. What are you up to?" Cattie said, peering into the garden. "I'm trying to find Dandelion. I haven't seen her throughout the past few days." Spark explained, "Have you seen her?"  His ears twitched as he thought for a moment. "No, I haven't."  He admitted. Spark sighed and then went to go exit out of the garden. "Can you tell me when you find her?"  She asked. Cattie nodded, "Yeah I can."  Spark waved goodbye. Then left the garden.

Spark continued to search around for Dandelion. Then she came across Red. "Red! Have you seen Dandelion?" She asked. Red looked at her. "You really don't know?..." She whispered giving her a sorta sad look. "Know what?" Spark looked puzzled. Red went silent for a moment. "She... she left with some random human. Through a portal." She explained. Spark looked red in disbelief. "She went through a what?!" Spark exclaimed.  Spark then looked like she was about to cry. Red panicked for a moment. "Eh? No, no! D-don't cry-" She said, trying to comfort Spark. Shoot, I forgot that Spark was sensitive at times. Red thought. "I'm pretty sure she'll be back! Plus, I'm pretty sure she went with him to try to hide the truth." Spark's expression went from sad to confused. "What?" She asked.

"Well... a human that wasn't from this universe came here a little before the first three humans came here. I guess Dandelion and that human befriended each other."
"So why would she go with them and leave us behind?"
"Maybe because she didn't want him to know about the truth of the "incident". I wasn't the only one who tried to kill the humans, we were all," Red explained. "But it was truly the scientists' fault." She then muttered.
Spark gave another puzzled look. "The "incident"?" She repeated confused. Red's ears perked up. "Right, you got infected during the incident which means you probably don't remember that much. Sorry."
"I still don't get it... Why would she leave her universe?"
"Well, having an "outsider" know about the incident would probably impact this universe badly. Wanting to go with him shouldn't be the only reason. She's not stupid."
Spark looked down sadly. "I'm pretty sure she'll be back," Red said again. "I hope so..." Spark sighed. She then looked up and gave her a gentle smile. "Thank you for telling me this." She smiled back. "You're welcome. Not everything should be kept away from others." Spark then waved goodbye and walked away. Red then stood there for a moment and sighed. Can I even trust the humans at this point... or even myself? 

Spark went to the flooded area making her way back to the garden, still a bit sad. "Hi, Spark!" She then turned to the voice that was speaking to her. It was Sharky. "Hi," She greeted. Sharky gave her a worried look. "Why are you sad? Did something happen?" She asked. "No, nothing much," Spark replied. Sharky still had worry look on her face. "Ok then." The two then chatted with each other for some time. Then Sharky suddenly heard footsteps. "Quick! Hide!" She panicked and then quickly pulled Spark under the water. She let out a yelp as Sharky did this. Apparently, it was a group of returning guards, about 5 of them. "Did you hear that?" One of the guards asked.
"Hear what?"
"Never mind." 
They all continued their way out of the flooded area.

When the coast was clear, Sharky and Spark swam up to the surface. "What was that for?!" Spark asked annoyed. "Those humans! If they saw you, you would've been dead already!" Sharky explained. Spark then got out of the water, soaking wet. Before the two could say anything sudden gunshots and screams came from the garden. Spark quickly ran towards the garden with Sharky quickly following behind. When the two got there, there were dead bodies of plantixs and figs. Fynnik was standing in front of the mess in terror. "What happened?!" Sharky exclaimed. "The guards," He mumbled, too shocked to speak. there were around 7 bodies in the area. 5 of them were plantixs while the rest were figs. Suddenly a plantix chirped up. "We can't let the humans do this! We have to do something!" A huge conversation then sprung up. Fynnik looked devastated. Spark then looked at Dandelion's and Fynnik's small garden enclosed by the glass hallway. If Dandelion didn't leave... then she'd be dead right now. She thought. Spark then fell silent.

(meanwhile...)

Isaac, Liz, Lofi, and Mike were still trying to figure out ways to stop the infection. The goo has already covered half his face and most of his body. "It's no use! We can't stop the goo at this point!" Mike whined. "I mean we still might have more time," Liz pointed out. "The good is spreading pretty slowly." Mike frowned. "No seriously, Liz got a point. You should be infected by now." Lofi agreed. "Hey, guys, I think I found something!" Isaac called out. He was holding a syringe that was glowing green for whatever reason. "Are you sure that's safe?" Liz asked. "There's only one way to find out," Isaac said. He then went over to Mike and injected the stem.
"Ow."
"Don't be a baby."
He then backed away. Mike looked at himself. "Nothing happen-" Before he could finish that sentence he plopped down onto the floor unconscious.  "You seriously need to start checking the labels," Lofi commented. "There weren't any labels," Isaac responded. It wasn't before long the two got into an argument. "These two." Liz sighed. The argument then ended with Lofi punching Isaac in the arm again, this time being more forceful. "You really need to stop punching me," Isaac growled. "Maybe you should stop getting into arguments with me," Lofi replied in a harsh tone. "You started-" She then looked at him. "You seriously want me to punch you in the arm again?" She asked.
"No-"
"Good."
"Well, what do we do now?" Liz asked. "I don't know, maybe find someone to help him," Lofi said. "Actually, now that I say that, there is a scientist here." Liz and Isaac looked at her in confusion. "Dr. Jake. He came down here to find a friend of his I'm pretty sure." She explained. "Maybe he can help us?" Liz and Isaac then looked at each other, uncertain. "I'm pretty sure Alice won't like that," Liz said. "Trust me, we'll be fine," Lofi responded. "Now come on." She then went over to Mike and dragged him by the hand, making sure she wasn't getting any goo on herself too. The two then followed her from behind.