Chapter 17- Wandering darkness

(TW: THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN MILD VIOLENCE, READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.)
(Stay safe! :))

(I literally just changed PE to mature because of this chapter smh)

Toki, the only tiger shork, was watching the lantern shorks from the box/crate he was sitting on, his tail smacking the top of it out of boredom. "Toki!" He turned to face Invy, peering out of the water. "Hey, Invy." He greeted her with a smile. Invy swam over to her best friend, climbing onto a box that was next to the box he was sitting on. "How's it going?" She asked. "Surprisingly pretty good," Toki answered, "I still haven't gotten attacked by any of the returning guards."
"Really? I guess staying underwater has its advantages." Invy said. "Unlike you, I can't stand being in the water all the time! Heck, it's been a while since a fight that doesn't involve humans happen, things get so boring when everyone's so timid." She then whined, making Toki chuckle and shake his head. "You and your bloodthirsty ambitions. Makes me wonder how we're even friends." Invy smiled, "The only reason we're friends is because I'm the only one who bothers to do things with you." She then playfully pushes him by the arm. "Say if you want violence, why not pick a fight with the humans like Scarlet said?" Toki suggested. "I could do that, but I'm going to need to find them first... in the dark." Melon then poked their head out of the water. "I saw a human passed by here like— 15 minutes ago." She said. Invy looked at her, bewildered. "Really, why didn't you go after them?" Melon shrugged, "I was tired."
"Fair enough." Invy then dove into the water then swam to shore. "Huh? You're actually going?" Toki said. "Yeah. What else can I do but take my friend's advice?" Invy said.
"Which way did they go?" She then asked Melon.
"Right."
"Alrighty, cya!"

Invy then left the area. Leaving Toki and Melon in awkward silence. "So uhh... you come up here often?" Melon asks him. "No, not really." He responded.
"Ah..." they sighed.

>> >>

Lofi was busy wandering the facility, entering into the garden when she suddenly heard tapping on the window. She turned around to face Invy who was looking directly at her. "Hiya!" She said, her voice is slightly muffled. "Hi...?" Lofi said looking at her. "How long have you been standing there?" Invy entered the garden. "Not very long, I just entered into this area." Lofi took a deep breath, "ok... I'm going to just... go now." She then tried to walk past the kawaii shork but then she grabbed ahold of her arm. "Sorry, you can't leave right now!"
"Why is that?"
"Because I'm bored! And you're the first human I came across." Lofi gave a confused her a confused look, "What do you mean by that?" Invy smirked. "Homicide!" She said then kicked Lofi down, pinning her down by the neck. "Say, where's your helmet? Oh well, that doesn't matter. Too bad this will be a quick death for you. You're pretty we—" Invy yelped as Lofi stabbed her with a pocket knife. She then managed to break free from her grasp and push Invy off her. She then stood up and started booking it while hearing Invy say, "Hey, where are you going? You're not even going to put up a fight?" Why didn't I see this coming? Lofi thought as she ran away.

[Meanwhile...]

"Any luck on finding her?" Liz asked as Isaac entered the safe zone. "No, she's probably running around or something." He sighed. "Welp, pretty sure she'll turn up soon," Stephen said. "I'll go double-check for you," Yuri spoke. She then grabbed ahold of Mike's arm, "And you're coming with me."

"Wait what? Why—" Yuri then dragged him into the slime hound area. "You're hiding something, aren't you." She asked looking at him. "Uh—" Mike stuttered, "no." Yuri then frowned, making Mike flinch. "Never mind." She said, shaking off the frown and getting back to her expressionless face. "I'll just ask that war beast."
"war beast—?" Yuri just walked away. "Hey, wait up!" Mike said, then ran after her.