Chapter 20- Surprises

(Woah, I'm no longer running out of chapter names! For now...)
(Anyway, 7 characters that aren't mine have been added! Credit will be given, you know the drill already.)

"They're also bringing supplies like ammo," Alice mentioned as the returning guards were talking about what will happen next.
"Well, that's good. You know what they say, ain't no fun if there's no gun." Avian chirped up.
Liz frowned, "Nobody says that."
"A Wattpad user did." Everyone looked at Alice with confused expressions on their faces.
"You read Wattpad books?" Lofi questioned. Alice stood there silently before sighing.
"Well, no, but-- actually never mind. I'm going to go get some coffee."
"At WHAT coffee station?" Stephen then asked.
"That's the point--"

As Alice turned around, she met another returning guard-- or rather another higher-upper-- with a group behind him.
"Oh-- you got here pretty fast." She commented. 
He tilted his head before taking off his helmet, "Wait-- Alice? What are you doing here?"
Alice perked up, immediately recognizing his face, "Lucerai? Out of all people I didn't expect YOU to come."
The two leaders stood there in awkward silence. 
"So uh-- how's life?" Lucerai then asks.
"Now's not the time for a friendly chat, we got to talk about what's happening next." 

Sour (lemon shork that infected Mike yadadadeeda) watched the group of guards. Just as they made their way to report this information they were stopped in their tracks by a human that wore brown pants, a white shirt, and a pack around his waist. Sour squeaked, being taken by surprise.
The human looked down at them, "Oh a lemon shork. You're quite small for one, actually." Sour only frowned and walked off. The human watched them walk away before turning to the safe zone to see what was going on. "Holy-- that's a lot of people..." He whispered, gaining a bad feeling about it.

[MEANWHILE...]

In the gas area, Invy would be trying to bandage herself up, failing every now and then.  She suddenly felt a sharp pain in her shoulder, as if the skin there was being torn off, making her let out a gasp of pain and grip her shoulder. She looked at her shoulder. Nothing. Invy muttered something but before she could do anything else she suddenly heard someone.
"Helloo~!" Invy turned around to meet eyes with a partyena, squealing in delight at the fact she found a new friend, "Are you a pseudo shork? I mean you kinda look like one." She asked.
Invy's tail twitched, "Uh-- no-- I don't even know what that is." She answered. "Who are you?"
The partyena then came up to her, "I'm Parshi! And you are...?"
"Invy."
"Nice to meet you, Invy!" Parshi exclaimed happily.

The two stared at each other for a moment. Parshi then suddenly cupped the sides of Invy's face and brought it close to hers.
"Hm. Y'know when I think about it, you're actually pretty cute." She commented.
Invy felt her face burn up, "Uh-- Th-thank you?" She stammered, a bit confused yet flattered by the comment.
"You're welcome!" Parshi then let go of Invy, "I see you're injured. Can I help?"
"No, it's fine!" Invy said as she finished bandaging herself up.

Syria (and Simry) then entered the area, "Invy! Have you seen..." His sentence fell off as he laid eyes on Parshi. "Oh. You." Syria growled.
Parshi perked up frowning, but the frown quickly turned to a smirk. "Siri!! How's it going?" She asked, using a nickname she made up for Syria when they first met just to mock him.
"Don't start talking to me like that." He snarled, giving her a death stare.
"Awwee, is Siri mad? Did I anger the little introverted wolf?"
Invy stood there confused. "I-- do you two know each other?"
"Yes... And she's really, REALLY annoying." Syria muttered. Invy looked at him and then back at Parshi, who was just humming innocently.
"She's not annoying to me," Invy said.
"To you, she may not. But to ME? Heck, I'd rather DIE than interact with her."
"Oh please he's just being over dramatic." Parshi shot back. Syria only scoffed and then forcefully pushed her out of his way and walked away.