....? (chp. 17 side story)

"Simry?? SIMRY??" Syria called out as he and Red wandered the crystal cove, looking for Simry, the silver, gold, and diamond slime pup they'd been taking care of.
"If their parents were alive, they would have SO killed us." Red muttered only to be elbowed by Syria aggressively whispering, "Don't say that." She only scoffed.

The two stood there in silence, the crystals of the cave glowing more brightly than before. "So... uh, do you have any idea on how to find them?" Red then asked. Syria shook his head, "It's going to be difficult to try to find them. This place is dark as hell." He answered.
Red looked off to the side, thinking. Her ears then perked up as she got an idea. She then pulled out something. "Huh? What's that?" Red showed him what she got. In her paw was a collar with a bell attached to it. Syria raised an eyebrow, "Your collar? I thought you lost that thing."
"What? No. I always have it on me, even when it's not around my neck."
"How has it NOT been making any noise? Don't answer that. Won't it alert the returning guards?"
"Alert, yes," Red then put on the collar, the bell making faint ringing sounds, "Attract Simry, also yes." She then began to tap the bell, making it ring louder.

It wasn't before long that Simry came running up to them. "Oh, thank god you're okay." Syria gave a soft sigh. Before the three could do anything Simry was suddenly picked up by a panther.
The panther bit into their fur, making them yelp in pain. Syria pounced on the panther without a thought, causing the two to get into a catfight.

Simry went over to Red, sitting down on the ground right next to her as if nothing had happened. The two just watched as the sinox and the panther ripped at each other's flesh and fur.
"Should I scare them with my axe?" Red asked Simry, who nodded. She then pulled her axe off her back and threw it at the two, making them both jump a little.
Syria, who was on top of the panther, fell off of them. The panther quickly scrambled up from off the ground to get away. Before they left, they turned their head to face Syria and gave him a hiss before running off.

Syria sat there before turning to Red, "You're pretty bad at NOT hitting people with your axe. It nearly skimmed my fur." Red only rolled her eye and went over to help him up, "I say we get out of the crystal cove, we don't need any more panthers eating up Simry." She stated as she picked her axe up from the ground. Syria nodded in agreement and picked up Simry, who seemed pretty sad that they had to leave the pretty cave.
"C'mon, let's get going."

The three entered the garden. It looked empty, with no plantixs or figs available. "Where are all the plantixs and figs? You would expect them to be out at this time.." Syria commented. Red then sat down on a pillow, "They're probably just in the hidden cave of the secondary garden."
Syria stared at her before laughing a little.
"What?" Red asked.
"I forgot how cute you look with a collar on, considering the fact you're small."
Red stared at him, "Oh go fuck yourself."

Syria sat down beside Red. Simry, whom Syria put down, jumped onto his lap and curled up into a ball, and fell asleep.
"So should we just... sleep through the blackout?" Red asked. Syria shrugged, "I mean, sure. I am tired..." Red nodded, leaning her head on his shoulder.

The two fell asleep.

But there was something planned for the hazzy...

Red woke up. Her ear twitched with confusion, she felt oddly awake. She looked off to the left to notice Syria and Simry who were still sleeping. She stared at them for a moment longer, watching Syria's pelt glow dimly.

She then stood up and grabbed her axe that was laid against the tree. She risked another glance at the sinox and slimepup before exiting the garden.

As she walked she began to think to herself, I wonder how Dandelion is doing... she must miss her friends and family. Red stopped in her tracks, If she came back... how would she react to the news? Of Fynnik being dead? She then sighed, At least she is safe where she is.

Red's ears perk up to hear the sound of heavy footsteps. She turned around, her axe ready, only to find nothing.

Suddenly, everything goes black.