Chapter 10- Denial pt. 4

(Bukit's POV)

These pups just won't want to leave Bukit alone! Loli and his friends follow where ever Bukit goes. Though he does enjoy the company, he doesn't want to be near Loli ALL the time. Bukit tried everything Bukit could do. Well... except for luring them into death. But that's too risky, too-
...
Bukit doesn't want to cause death to Loli and his friends... Only towards a certain "someone."

(Nobody's POV)

The group started dragging Bukit with them to go on what they call "adventures". Though it wasn't like he wasn't already going on adventures before he met them. Just to make sure the other pups didn't get killed, Bukit decided it would be a good idea to tell them about the survival guide he made. Although it's not like Loli, Flower, Spike, and Water are gonna listen to Bukit, He thought bitterly as the group casually wandered into the cafe.

The cafe looked and felt more different. It looked empty, having only a few gootraxians there. And not only was it empty, but it also looked almost looked soulless. There was barely any food, and there was a lot of goo splatters on the walls. Loli, Flower, and Water didn't seem bothered as they jumped onto the tables and started eating what food was left. Spike however was very looked a bit uncertain and traumatized, as they couldn't get their eyes off the freezer. "What wrong?" Flower asked. Spike looked at her then looked back at the freezer. "Heh, Spike is afraid of freezer!" Water chuckled. Spike gave a small growl beneath their breath. Bukit could tell that they weren't afraid of the freezer but seemed to be afraid about what was happening in there. "Come on! We need to be on run like Bukit says!" Loli chirped up. The group then went to exit the cafe. Suddenly the door to the freezer opened. All the pups turn to face one of the returning guards, carrying an axe that was covered in what seemed to be strawberry sprinkle kit goo. Everyone stood there frozen, while the gootraxians that were out quickly hidden away. The guard then pulled out a knife. Before anyone could react, the guard then threw the knife. The knife barely missed Spike, only skimming their fur.

"GO!!!" Bukit immediately yelled and the group of pups started sprinting again. The guard started to chase the pups, firing at them with his gun. When they got to the hound area, Flower tripped and fell. The guard came up to her aiming his gun at her. Out of nowhere, Loli jumped up and snatched the gun from the guard's hands. Loli then fell to the ground, having the gun drop from his jaws damaging it a bit. Loli quickly picks up the gun. The guard then approached Loli. "Why don't you be a good pup and give me back my gun?" he said, confronting Loli. "If you give me back my gun, I'll spare you." Loli backed away, refusing his offer. Bukit then noticed that Spike disappeared. Did Spike run away? He pondered. The guard then sighed and pulled out the axe he had. Loli's eyes widen in fear as the guard raised his axe in the air. Before the guard could land a strike, a red slime hound appeared out of nowhere and grabbed ahold of the guard. Spike appeared to be on the hound's back. They then got off her back and went over to the others. "Go! I'll hold him off!" Slime hound called out to the pups. The group didn't hesitate and started running again.

>> >>

The pups ran into the gas room, skidding to a stop to catch their breaths. "Everyonez alrights?" Water asked through his gasps. They all nodded.
Bukit's ears perked up at the sound of a door opening and turned around to look up at another returning guard. The other's looked up at the human too. "Oh..." The guard spoke softly, "Slimepups.." They all remained silent. In the awkward silence, the guard noticed that they all wore buckets. "Is... is this some kind of cult?" He asked. No answer. He then let out a sigh, "Not much of the talking type, aren't y'all?"
"..."
A sudden bang sounded as Bukit yelped and jumped back, almost being shot. The guard was holding his gun now. As soon as this happened the pups started running. The guard chased after them only to be pushed to the ground, causing his helmet to fall off. He turned around to face a feminine skunk gootraxian, her face burnt off to reveal gore. "SHIT--" He yelped as he tried to stand up only to be pinned down by the Spunky.

Her mouth let out some form of hot steam as she held him down. The guard turned his head away, "Fucking-- you're breath burns y'know!" The spunky gave him an unamused look. She then grabbed ahold of the knife attached to the human's belt and slit his throat. There was screaming, then there was silence.
The pups, who stook around to watch, stood there in silence, looking traumatized except for Bukit who seemed confused. "Why didn't Spunky just infect him?" He asked. "It's easier this way." She answered, her voice sounding distorted. "Have any of you seen my... mask?" The 4 traumatized pups stood there shaking, "Havez Spunky checks the lockers..?" Loli stuttered. The spunky stood there before entering a small room. A moment after, she returned with her face covered by a gas mask. She then crouched down to pet Bukit, who slinked back growling. The spunky sighed, standing up. "You five should go, it won't be long until they notice the human count go down." The pups nodded then hurried off.

The group then went to the garden. "Spunky is scary!" Flower said. Spike nodded in agreement. "Flower just can't handle gore-" Bukit commented, but before he could finish his sentence he suddenly bumped into someone. "Hey! Watch it!" Bukit shook himself off and then met eyes with someone familiar. A purple pup wearing both a cone and a pink bow. Bukit's expression went from surprise to anger.
"Y o u." He growled.

(Spunky got added in early because I already have a design and whatnot for them.)
(I FINALLY REMADE THE DAMN PART OF THIS CHAPTER THAT I HATED SO MUCH.)
(Anyway, I like the guard that got killed by Spunky new personality a WHOLE lot better, and now I can live my life no longer hating him :))