.3

as sadie and millie walked in before me, expecting to see their boyfriends in there, i saw them sitting at one end of a both.
they ended up bringing a friend, the one friend i didnt want them to bring.
-"are you serious?" I whispered to them.
-"i didnt know it would be him! besides, you should've seen this coming. The three of them are always together." millie said, before they both walked to the booth across from their boyfriends.
noah and i made awkward eye contact before I sat across from him, as he waved awkwardly at me.
as time went on, him and I were just sitting there, watching our friends being all lovey and gross with each other, making us feel bad.
hes usually so loud and outgoing, ive never really seen him so quiet. maybe he was just nervous or uncomfortable.
i wanted to talk to him, but i didn't really know what to say or how to start a conversation.
i kind of just waited for him to talk, which didn't take long.

{NOAHS POV}

I waited for her to speak, to say anything. she said nothing, she kind of just stared onto her lap or at her friends. i almost felt bad, she looked nervous and almost uncomfy.
i knew this night would end horribly if I didn't say anything. So, I said the first thing that came to my mind without really thinking about it.
-"so, did you like the game?" i ask, looking up at her.
seriously? did she like the game? how dumb was that question.
she looked up, nodding and giving me a soft smile.
-"yeah, great win. how's your hand by the way?" She asked, looking at it and sitting up in the booth.
-"oh, its nothing. I think i might have just sprained it, so it's no big deal." I shook my head, as we chuckled and looked away again.
i wanted to keep this conversation going, she seemed like a nice person the more I thought about it.
maybe she is nicer then I originally anticipated.
-"do you come here a lot?" i ask, as we make eye contact again.
-"I used to work here, so a little. but i kind of got fired a few months ago." she chuckled.
-"what? why?" i asked, leaning against the table towards her, intrigued.
-"okay, so you know how this place is open 24 hours?" she leaned towards me, smiling, as I nodded also beginning to smile.
-"okay, so i used to work with a girl who was a bit older than me here, she was a good friend. but whatever, we were the only ones working and my boss forced me to work at 12-4 am during the summer. well, her and i were getting really tired and our adrenaline was building up, and she convinced me to build a box fort in the back to take turns sleeping in because nobody was coming in during the night. well we both slept in and our other coworker snitched on us and told our boss. i was so tired when my boss had first woken me up so i kept on insisting i accidentally fell asleep as if we didn't build the fort." she explained, as we both started laughing pretty hard, i almost forgot my friends were there because of how intrigued I was in her story.
-"anyway, she and i were both fired. I probably shouldn't even be here right now." She shook her head as our laughter died down, and she took a sip of her milkshake.
-"thats so funny. do you work anywhere else now?" I asked, eating a fry off my plate.
-"not really, ive been babysitting for a while though. I do every once in a while for a few families." she explained, as I nodded slowly.
-"do you work anywhere?"
-"in the summer, i lifeguard at the pool for fun. but not really anything else." I said.
-"you? noah schnapp? needing a summer job? how? youre like the richest kid in town." she chuckled, but i didn't really have a response to that.
we didnt really talk much after that, just little things about football and school and stuff.
after the bill was paid, we all started to head out, but i stopped her before I walked away to my car.
-"hey, i never asked.. i saw your nose bleeding during that test. Is it okay?" I ask.
-"oh, yeah. it happens all the time, i think it's just really bad allergies or something." she shook her head, as I nodded.
she slowly turned around to walk away, i kind of wanted to talk to her more, but i couldn't say anything before she got into the car and drove away.
I quickly walked over to calebs car and got in through the passenger seat.
-"did you enjoy your time with the little lady?" Caleb teased me.
-"shut up, caleb."
-"dude, you were making her laugh! I've never seen her laugh around anyone besides sadie or mills."
-"shut the hell up, finn! we were just occupying time and waiting for you guys to finish your date." I yelled, fighting a smile back, as they stayed quiet but still holding back giggles.
i rolled my eyes as we drove down to the city to where my house was first.

{Y/NS POV}

-"y/n, how was your date?" millie cheered.
-"would you shut up? It wasn't a date!"
-"you guys were talking and laughing! he looked like he was having fun, didn't you?" Sadie asked, driving down the empty roads.
-"sure, it was fun. but stop saying that him and i could go together because it's just not gonna happen! Him and I are polar opposites. we like completely different things." I insisted.
-"how would you know what he likes? you don't know him."
-"god, just take me home." I chuckle, laying my head down.
I watched the dark sky, lit up by the moon, tired and ready for this night to be over with already.