.8

it had been a few days, people were still kind of talking and joking about how bryce played me at the dance, but I stopped caring. It didn't matter. what was really on my mind was noah. he asked me out.
it seems so crazy to think about, i used to dread seeing him every day. now im even starting to feel myself dressing up more for school instead of sweatpants every day, just because of him.
today I wore white jeans with a black tank top and a dark green zip up.
it was already wednesday and i managed to keep the date a secret from my friends. or at least i thought..
they both stand behind me crossing their arms making me turn around.
-"what?"
-"when were you going to tell us that you were going out with noah schnapp?" millie licked her lips.
-"not until afterwards.." i groaned.
-"why?" Sadie sighed.
-"because i didn't want to hear your opinions!"
-"well we're glad youre going with him! i told you so." millie said.
-"we can help you get ready if you'd like?" sadie offered.
-"we're just going on a walk to the park." i squinted.
-"it's a nice park, and it still matters. you can come over to my house after school and he can pick you up from there if you'd like?" sadie offered.
-"sure, whatever. I have to go to class." I smiled, pushing them out of my way.
i can never get a break from them, but i love them.

_

I walked to sixth period to where i saw noah in the seat next to me.
we shared a smile as i sat down in my chair and stared ahead to the front of the room.
as class started, I saw a small piece of crumbled up paper fall next to my shoe.
i looked next to me, noah was looking at me before he looked back up at the board.
i bent down to pick it up and slowly uncrumbled it so I didn't make too much noise.

"what time does she want to be picked up?"

i smiled before grabbing a pen and writing down my answer.

"4:45 on 4591 east broadway street."

i crumbled up the paper and threw it next to him, smooth enough for the teacher not to notice. the teacher was cool though, it's not like she'd yell at us or anything.
i saw a smile grow on his face once he read the paper and shoved it into the front pocket of his jeans.
i stopped paying attention to him and started paying attention more in class.

_

it felt like hours before the last dismissal bell rang, i stared at the clock forever during the last few minutes of 9th period.
i was nervous for tonight, the more I thought about it the more doubtful I got.
what if he's just like every other guy?
what if i get played again?
i just got played by bryce burke and I cant even care because of him.
i hope im right about this.
of course i am.
noah schnapp is not like bryce burke.
right?

the bell rung, making my heart sink a bit before i grabbed my things and started to head out of the classroom and to my locker where millie and sadie were already waiting at.
i shoved my things in my locker, as they smiled at me.
-"are you excited?"
-"what are you going to wear?"
-"what time is he picking you up?"
-"does he know where my house is?"
-"he better not ruin this."
-"could you guys shut up with all the questions?" I ask, grabbing my bag and walking outside with them.
chloe schnapp was at the front door with her best friend handing out flyers for a halloween party next week. I almost forgot that holiday was coming up.
all three of us took one before walking out to sadies car.
-"you should come to this." sadie told me.
-"i can't, i have to babysit on halloween remember?" i said, fastening my seatbelt.
-"seriously y/n? babysitting?" Millie groaned in disgust
-"the party is on the 30th, you're available then right?" sadie asked.
-"do i have to go?" i lay my head back.
-"yes." they both said, making me groan, annoyed.

she drove out of the parking lot and down a few miles towards her house.
once she parked her car in the garage, noticing her parents were not home, we got out and rushed inside since we had about 50 minutes to get ready which I thought was plenty of time.
my hair was already straightened from this morning, and i didn't go crazy on my makeup either. i just wanted to look casual.
it was warmer today, 71 degrees.
i wore sadies light blue vintage nike sweatshirt with black nike gym shorts. I stole her white dri fit nike socks as well as her light blue nike air jordans.
i waited in her living room, noticing that those two were freaking out more than I was.
-"youre being dramatic." I groaned.
-"this is exciting. you haven't been on a date since freshman year."
-"chew this." millie said, throwing gum at me.
-"relax, we're just going on a walk. its not nuclear war." I giggled before hearing a car pull up in the driveway.
i rush to the bathroom across the hall to make sure i looked alright, i sprayed perfume on me just to make sure i didnt smell like shit.
they both walked up behind me.
-"you look great!" they both said, before we heard a knock on the door.
they walked me to the front, brushing my hair with their hands.
-"okay, have fun!" Sadie smiled, as they backed up to the living room.
i took a deep breath, opening the door.