.24

tw - forms of SA

i woke up the next morning to the sun hitting me in the face from on the couch.
i rubbed my eyes, trying to remember where i was. noah was sleeping with his head in front of my stomach and my leg was wrapped around him.
i started to move and check my phone, it was 8 am.
i heard sounds that were coming from the stairs. i suddenly remembered that his parents were home.
i quickly got up, kicking noah up with my foot.
-"what? why did you wake me?" he groaned.
-"just get up, we fell asleep on the couch!" i whispered, shaking him.
i realized where he was at, quietly cursing to himself as he got up and acted like he was already awake with me sitting on the opposite side of the couch as his mother walked into the kitchen and saw us in the living room, watching tv.
-"good morning guys." she yawned before we greeted her back.
noah and i looked at each other for a brief moment, hoping they didn't see us last night together.
-"mom, y/n and i are going to be going out later. is that alright?" noah asked from the living room.
-"out?" she quoted.
-"like, for food. only because chloes gone and we can hang out as like.. friends." he replied, awkwardly.
his mother crossed her arms at him, raising an eyebrow.
-"don't make it weird, mom." he groaned as i chuckled quietly.
-"what time?" she asked.
-"6, or 6:30." he shook his head.
-"yeah sure, but can you go grocery shopping for me before you go to practice, noah? she asked, making coffee.
-"sure, fine." he rolled his eyes, paying closer attention to the tv.

_

it was 11 and noah had practice at 1, so i was going to go over to sadie's while he was practicing and he'd get ready for our date when he gets home and he'd pick me up from sadies.
we were driving to the grocery store, he had me keep ahold of the list and i read them off to him as we walked through the super market.
we had already finished half of the list, we only had a few items left.
-"what's next?" he asked, walking ahead of me.
-"almond butter."
-"do we really need that?" he mumbled.
-"i didn't make the list!" i defended, seeing he was annoyed with his mother.
we finished through the list, going up to the cashier to check out.
we'd been gone for over 45 minutes, i was hoping we'd make it home in time.
-"that'll be $62.87" the cashier said.
noah flipped through his money, and froze when he reached the last 10 dollar bill.
-"can you put the almond butter back?" he asked, as she removed it from the payment.
-"$57.88" she said, and i saw the look on noah's face.
-"wait." i mumbled before he removed a bunch of stuff and pulled out a $10 bill from my bag and gave it to noah, knowing he only had $50.
-"no, y/n-"
-"it's fine! give her the money." i ordered him, watching him hesitate to give her the $60.
she gave him $2.12 back in change before we both walked out of the front doors.
-"thank you, y/n.. you didnt have to do that. ill pay you back." he smiled at me.
-"no, don't. your parents let me move in with them. the least i can do is pay for some of your moms groceries."
he chuckled, smiling at me, not saying anything.
we put the 4 bags in the trunk before getting inside the car and heading towards sadies house.
it was a 6 minute drive from the store to her house since her house was in a large neighborhood that was near the end of town.
he stopped the car next to the mailbox, unlocking it for me.
-"i'll pick you up around 6:30, okay?" he asked as i started to get out of the car.
-"you better not smell like sweat!" i smiled, shutting the door and jogging up to sadie's door and letting myself in, him watching me walk in before heading home.
sadie was inside in the living room, watching gilmore girls on her 75 inch television.
-"hey! millie should be here in a few minutes. do you want to go swimming in my back yard when she gets here? you can borrow one of my swimsuits." she asked, patting on the couch next to her.
-"for sure!" i smiled, watching the tv show with her until millie came inside the front door just 5 minutes later in a purple, floral sundress.
-"hey guys! get dressed if we're going swimming! we don't have that much time!"
sadie and i ran into her room and she threw me a suit to wear.