.17

days had passed, the week was almost over. it was a thursday morning when i met up with my friends in the parking lot as usual after i parked my car.
our last football game of the season was today, i was psyched. mostly because basketball started a week from today, which was my favorite sport.
it overpowered football and track to me, it was such a stress relief.
we wore our football jerseys over our hoodies like we usually did with jeans.
i wore my favorite dior nike airs, it matched with everything.
i walked inside with my friends and headed straight to my locker to get ready for first period.
we were a little early, so we stood against the lockers for a while, talking.
-"bro, everyone's still talking about the party." caleb scoffed.
-"i know, it's bullshit." i shook my head.
-"rumors around here have been spreading like a wild fire." finn whispered.
-"i dont even wanna know, this school is so fucked." i scoffed, before a figure in the corner of my eye catches my attention.
why was y/n here?
shes supposed to be at home.
the doctors insisted she not come back until monday.
-"guys, ill catch you later." i walked away before finishing my sentence and practically jogged down the hall and turned left to where y/n was at her locker.
her hair was down, she wore peach colored sweatpants with a tight, white turtleneck and an apricot colored zip up.
ive never seen her wearing a turtleneck, i thought she said she hated them?
she looked like she just rolled out of bed, she looked half asleep when i put my hand on her shoulder and saw the exhaustion on her face when she turned around.
-"what are you doing here? you weren't supposed to come to school??" i ask.
-"my mom forced me to come, she thought i was being dramatic about the stinging in my side." she sighed, trying to keep her eyes open.
-"did you get sleep last night?" i ask, growing concerned.
-"yes." she nodded, but i could see right through her.
-"y/n."
-"fine, no. i just couldn't sleep." she yawned, leaning against the locker next to hers.
i looked at her for a while, trying to think of a right thing to say, but there was nothing else for me to say.
-"are you hurting still?" i ask without any thought.
-"only when i run." she mumbled, turning around to shut her locker.
-"walk with me to first?" i offered, before she hesitated to nod.
she smiled as i walked next to her as we started walking to the opposite side of the building.
i noticed the stares and heard the whispered that ran through the halls.

"did she actually kill conner white?"

"noah schnapp is too hot for her."

"do you think hes next on her kill list?"

"do you think abbie hired the masked killer?"

"shes a cold slut."

i gave her a quick glance, she looked extremely uncomfortable with all the mumbles and looks given at her.
-"just ignore them." i whispered in her ear as we walked inside the class.
people glared at both y/n and i when we walked in, i could still hear the whispers echoing through the room.

"does he actually like her?"

"why her?"

"shes not even pretty."

"hes the richest kid in town, out of all the girls, why her?"

hearing what everyone had to say about things just made me want to scream and break things.
i didn't even realize i was clinching my fists until gaten walked up to me and slapped my shoulders as he walked past me to get to his seat.
as i glanced at him, i got a glance at y/n while turning my head.
she looked deeply upset, like she was on the verge of tears.
all of the girls around her were staring and whispering at her, some even laughing. it was just the girls though, except for most of he baseball boys that were calling her shit that i didnt even want to recall.
the boys i hang around dont mistreat girls like they do, at least not as badly as they do.
i wanted to hug y/n so badly right then and there, to tell her that i think shes perfect in my eyes. but i couldn't, not there.
as the teacher walked in, the class became silent.
-"are you guys done chatting, or should i push back the lesson another 5 minutes?" he asked, being sarcastic.
everyone turned their head when we heard y/n pushing her desk chair back and getting up from her seat.
-"y/n, what are you doing?" the teacher asked as she threw her bag over her back.
she started walking to the front of class, heading towards the door.
-"y/n, you leave that door and its a detention!" she growled.
-"then give me a fucking detention!" y/n snapped back, shoving the door open and rushing out the door.
everyone in class started laughing and whispering around.
everyone thought it was funny how the teacher ran out after her, but i didn't.
i was the only one who didn't find it funny. i found it shocking.
ive never really seen her get mad.
it wasnt her fault. it was everyone else's. they pushed her too hard, it's their faults.