.6

it was 58 degrees out, i wore a maroon scarsdale football hoodie that i borrowed from millie and light washed jeans that i wore with white high top converse.
i rode in the car next to sadie as we parked and walked up to the football field together.
i felt like i was starting to actually like coming out to these things, it's interesting to watch.
bryce said he'd be here, but i didnt see him. i didn't really care either way, i was here with my best friends anyway.
we were late because the game was 7 to 0, with our school winning.
as i was watching and talking with sadie, i couldnt help but look for one particular person. #1. he had the football in his reach.
he was running with players from the other team following behind him.
i watched in satisfaction as he dodged them and made a touch down.
everyone was cheering and he and a few other teammates were clapping and jumping up and down.
i smiled, clapping.
we had been talking a bit more, just small talks about tv shows or stupid things like that.
it was always fun talking to him, hes funny. but i didn't want to get my hopes up and get heart broken. it's noah schnapp. hes practically a man whore.
but he seems sweet. i hope I'm right about that.
he took his helmet off as he walked up with his team on the side lines, he glanced up at me and waved.
i smiled, waving back.
are we friends now?
i guess so.

between the half-time, my friends and i walked towards the concession stand in the dark with flashlights and the field lights leading the way.
caleb and finn walked up to my friends, i always thought they were cute with each other. it was nice to watch how well they treated my friends, I never had to worry about them being treated like shit. they were good guys. i wish i got to experience that.
what it feels like to be loved like a human being.
someone came up behind me, scaring me a bit.
-"you came!" noah cheered, wiping the sweat off his forehead.
-"yep." I smiled, drinking out of my plastic cup.
we heard music booming from a speaker from a few feet behind us.
-"c'mon guys!" one of the football players yelled at the boys next to us.
-"we'll see you guys after the game." caleb started hopping his way to the field.
-"bye, y/n." Noah smiled, slapping my back gently before walking away.
sadie and millie gave me a look.
-"he's just being nice. I think we might be friends now."
-"since when?" sadie tilted her head.
-"since he found my instagram. we talk but a very little bit." i shook my head.
-"what about?" millie asked.
-"why are you so nosy?"
-"because you were talking about how much of a player he was and how you don't like him just a few weeks ago!" sadie defended.
-"well hes cool now, it doesn't matter." i said, rolling my eyes.
-"i heard he still doesnt have a date to the dance.." sadie informed me, sipping through her straw.
-"well i do, i better not hear another word about bryce either." i snapped, shutting them up.
we all turned around and started to walk back to the bleachers.

as hours went by, the game was finally over.
It was about 10 pm, our school team won thankfully.
i went to the bathroom after the very end but when I came back, sadie and millie were nowhere to be seen.
i was walking around calling for them, trying to find where they could've gone.
-"millie? sadie! m-"
i bump into noah from behind me, making me stumble a bit.
-"sorry, y/n!" he apologized gently grabbing my arm.
-"its fine, good job tonight." I smiled, high fiving him.
-"yeah, thanks for coming." he smiled, before we just glared at each other without any words.
-"hey, if youre looking for millie and sadie im pretty sure i saw them leave with caleb and finn.." he winced, gritting his teeth.
i check my phone, seeing a text from millie.

[millie] so sorry, we had to leave. try to find a ride or walk, we'll make it up to you!

i groan, putting my phone in my back pocket.
-"thanks for letting me know, im just gonna have to walk. See you around." I said, about to walk away.
-"i can give you a ride if you want?" he offered, not hesitating to ask.
i turn back around.
-"you dont have to." i shook my head.
-"its no problem at all! just give me like 3 minutes to get dressed. wait here, dont go anywhere!" he smiled, rushing inside the boys locker room.
i waited at the bench, smiling, looking at my phone to occupy time.
it seemed like only a few seconds until noah came out in a hoodie and sweatpants with a duffel bag in his hands.
-"okay, let's go." he said, walking next to me once i put my phone in my back pocket.
i noticed he looked a little nervous, i had no idea why. he was just bringing me home.
he unlocked the car door, and i was amazed by his car. i mean, it was nice but i didn't treat him differently after seeing it.
we both got in, and i told him my address before he chipped it into his gps and drove towards it.
-"so, you're going to the dance tomorrow.. right?" he asked, driving carefully down the street.
-"oh, yeah. i wasn't going to but someone asked me to go with them." i said, almost regretting it.
-"youve been asked?" he asked, looking a little disappointed.
-"uh, yeah." i nodded.
it was quiet between us, i could read his body language. was he just about to ask me?
-"nice car." I complimented.
-"oh, thank you." he sighed awkwardly.
-"who are you going with tomorrow?" i ask out of curiosity.
-"i think i might be riding solo." he chuckled.
-"you? noah schnapp? doesnt have a date to the dance?" I asked, surprised.
-"im shocked, its practically every girls dream to be your date to the dance."
-"yeah, well.. im not attracted to anyone enough to take with me. ill probably just leave before all the sappy slow dances come on." he chuckled, pulling into my driveway.
i almost forgot what my house looked like. Oh god, it looks horrible. compared to what noahs house must look like?
i was expecting him to laugh or say something, but he didnt say anything.
-"ill see you at the dance tomorrow?" he said, making me sigh in relief.
-"yep, ill see ya then." I smiled weakly.
i got out of the car and started heading up to my door, i noticed that he made sure that i got in safely before driving away.
that was kind of thoughtful.
i didn't see my mom inside, she must've been at work.
i go up to my room and jump onto my bed.

i wonder what's going to happen tomorrow.