.18

i decided to actually come to the game tonight with my friends, since my nobody was home i didn't even have to ask, i haven't spoken to them since they got a call from the school.
they left them on voicemail, which meant they could get the message at any time.
i just came to watch noah, since i know this was a big deal to him.
as he and his teammates were on the sidelines, he took his helmet off and looked up at me.
his smile made me feel warm, even with the 50 degree air and wind running through me.
i gave him a tiny wave, smiling and he shared one back.
he walked away and put his helmet back on to resume the game he was playing.
i feel like i'm starting to like him.
like, really like him.
i have been for a while, but a lot is going on and ive been to consumed to think about how much i want to be with him.
as i was watching him in the field, my phone started ringing.
it was a text from my brother and mom.

[josh] get your ass home right now.

[mom] where the fuck are you? you're in deep shit!"

fuck, they know.
i panicked, i knew what they were going to do when i got there, but if i avoided them, it would just be worse.
-"guys, i'm sorry. my mom just texted and wants me home, there's some sort of emergency." i said, frantically walking down the bleachers.
-"want me to drive you real quick?" sadie offered.
-"no!!" i yelled, panicked.
-"it's fine, i'll just walk." i rephrased, continuing down the steps.
i practically ran back home, i knew the longer they wait, the more angrier they were going to be.
it took less then 2 minutes until i finally made it home.
i took a deep breath before walking in, and automatically they were waiting across the door.
-"so, what happened at school today?" my mother asked, tapping her foot and crossing her arms.
-"nothing.." i replied, stupidly forgetting they already knew.
-"bullshit!" my brother yelled, spitting on me accidentally.
-"it was an accident!" i yelled back.
-"cursing out your teacher was just an accident?" my mother asked, calmly.
she looked to her side and saw a book laying on the counter, before picking it up and throwing it at me.
-"YOURE SUCH A FUCKING DISAPPOINTING WHORE!!" she yelled, pushing me up against the wall.
-"what, you think i haven't heard the rumors about you?" she asked.
fuck.
how does she know about that?
she slapped me across the face, shoving my head back up to look at her.
-"i don't know who's been raising you, but i certainly didn't raise a dumb slut, like you." she scoffed, pushing me back.
she backed up away from me slowly.
-"i have to go pick your dad up from work, you're not leaving your room. i never want to see you downstairs again." she chuckled, pushing me against the wall once more before walking out.
i made eye contact with my brother before i tried to walk upstairs, but i felt a force to my back, pushing me to the floor.
i turned around to my brother hovering above me.
-"i'm not fucking done with you!" he yelled.
-"what the hell, josh!" i yelled, backing up into the wall.
he kneeled down to me, on his knees, before lifting my chin up with his finger.
-"you really thought dad was going to change? that he was actually getting that job? he works at the 7/11. youre so naive to think that we were all going to stop drinking. do you ever think about anything? like really think? you should already know that this family is permanently fucked." he scoffed.
-"josh.." my voice cracked as tears filled my eyes.
-"why can't you just think?" he asked calmly.
i just stared at him as tears ran down my face, not saying anything.
-"FUCKING THINK!!" he yelled in my face.
i kicked his stomach away from me, as i tried to run away upstairs, but he grabbed me by my foot and started pulling me towards him.
-"LET ME GO, YOU ASSHOLE!!" i yelled as i tried to kick away from him.
he flipped me over on my back, holding me down to the floor hard enough for me to struggle breathing.
i tried swinging at him, but he hit me before i could.
i couldn't feel the side of my lip, he hit it so hard it became numb.
he held me down by my shoulders, whispered under his breath.
i saw an empty glass bottle next to me, so i tried my best to grab it without him noticing.
once i got ahold of it, i smashed it against his head, making him fall off of me, groaning in pain.
i could see blood falling from his head where i hit him as he looked up at me.
shit.
i ran away from him and into the kitchen to get away from him.
i could see the craziness in his eyes.
he was on too much drugs.
he jumped over the counter to get to me and grabbed my hair when i tried running and pulled me back.
he shoved me into the counter, making me turn around to face him.
he wrapped his hands around my throat, holding me up to the counter.
i felt all around me, there was a plate next to me.
-"what happened to us?" i whispered, trying to speak while my airway was being blocked.
-"shut up!" he yelled, squeezing tighter.
-"remember when we used to be friends? i helped you get ready for your first ever date in the 8th grade. you made me laugh when we were being taken into a foster home after our parents were arrested and we were taken away.."
i continued speaking, since i could feel his grip loosening.
-".. you bought me my first ever basketball, you introduced me into music, you were always there when our parents weren't. but now.. you're just not the same anymore.." i whispered, starting to form tears in my eyes.
i could taste blood in my mouth from where he hit me. but i didn't pay attention since whatever i was doing was working.
-"what drug was it that you took? the one that turned you into this monster that i know you aren't." i whispered.
when i saw his face starting to shift angrier, i tried to swing the plate at his head, but he grabbed my wrist, making me gasp.
he snatched the plate out of my hand, smashing it against the top of my head.
i screamed, kicking him back and watched him trip backwards over a chair.
i made a run for it, not caring how badly my head hurt.
i ran out the door and didn't care to shut it, i started sprinting towards the woods where he couldn't get me.

-"DONT FUCKING COME BACK!!" i faintly heard his voice from behind.
i didn't stop running, even if he wasn't following me.
i continued to run and run, surprisingly fast.
i started to see a road appearing, and i could see the city from behind the woods.
i started running into the road, not expecting to see headlights coming right at me.
i didn't get any time to scream before i felt the force of a car against me, pushing me to the ground, hard.