.4

i walked downstairs, getting ready to leave, when I heard a voice in the kitchen.
-"where are you going, y/n?" my mom called, making me turn around and slowly walk to the couch  where she was staring at the tv.
-"school."
-"the nurse called last night. she said you came to her, wanting a doctor for your nosebleeds." she said, as I walked around to face her.
-"yeah.. i was going to tell you. i just think i have a problem." I shook my head, stuttering a bit.
she grabbed my wrist, quickly, making me softly gasp.
-"do you know how bad that makes me look as a parent? that i dont take care of that stuff myself? you're going to get taken away again." she growled, gritting her teeth.
-"mom, you're hurting me.." i whisper, shakily, knowing she was drunk.
-"it happens again, you're being homeschooled. you hear me?" she said, calmly, looking me in the eye.
i slowly nod, with tears in my eyes, as she lets go.
i slowly step backwards away from her, and then stormed out the door.
i felt tears falling from my face as I shut the door behind me.
she's in one of her moods today.
it's probably the hangover.
i wipe my face with my white sleeve, beginning to walk down the trail, trying not to cry.
it wasn't as cold today, but it was still low 60's.
i tread lightly to my school building, which was packed around with cars and school buses.
i walked inside to where I met up with millie and sadie, they looked really excited when they saw me.
-"y/n, homecoming tickets are being sold!!" Millie cheered, making me roll my eyes, still getting over what happened a few minutes ago.
-"you know i don't like school dances." i pouted.
-"too bad, we already bought you a ticket." sadie pulled them out of her pocket, making me flip out.
-"are you kidding?! i don't even have the money for a dress! you know my moms-" I whisper shouted.
-"its fine! we'll buy you a dress." millie said calmly.
-"no! because then id have to pay you back and dresses are like hundreds of dollars!" I said, walking next to them.
-"you won't be paying us back! we're doing it for you." sadie assured me.
they do this a lot.
they have been for a long time.
their family's are wealthy unlike mine, it seems like through out my entire childhood, their parents have provided more for me than my own mother or father.
it made me feel guilty.
-"its okay, y/n. we really don't mind. we want to buy it for you." millie whispered, seeing the guilt in my eyes.
-"thanks, guys." I faintly smile, feeling tears in my eyes. But I wiped them away.
it seems like forever since I've cried, it's weird because I keep my emotions in until i just break. and when I break, I cry for hours. i wanted to do that now.
i noticed the football boys walking through the hallway, noah made quick eye contact with me, giving me a slight smile, before walking away.
i could tell he noticed the look on my face, because his smile faded before he disappeared into the end of the hallway.
he shouldn't care anyways, it's not like he's my friend or anything.
i shut my locker as i walked to first period with my friends, quietly looking down at my shoes.

all class period, i kept thinking about my mom. how things were before life went to shit, like when my dad was still around and happy.
i remember when we used to be best friends, my dad and i. we did everything together. but now, I've grown up. He lost his job, started drinking and doing drugs.
my mom never did that kinds of stuff, not until my dad left a few months ago. now she's all over it.
i didn't even know I was crying until someone grabbed onto my shoulder, making me jump slightly.
-"are you okay?" noah asked me, making me kind of concerned.
I wiped the tears in my eyes away before talking.
-"im fine." i shook my head, looking down.
-"are you sure?"
-"take a seat, mr schnapp." The teacher ordered, before he paused to look at me before sitting in the back of the class.
why does he show so much interest about what I'm doing all the time?
how did he even know to ask if i was okay unless he was paying a lot of attention to me?
it wasn't like I was sobbing in the middle of class.
i mean, we just talked a bit friday. it's not like we're close so why is he trying to interact with me so much?

after the first dismissal bell rung, I rushed out of the class and to my locker that felt so far away.
once I opened it, I shoved my spanish book into my bag and was surprised when a guy came up to me, I recognized him from class. he's on the basketball and baseball team.
i couldn't remember his name..
-"hey." he smiled at me.
-"uh, hi?" I looked towards him.
-"i was wondering, would you maybe.. wanna, idk- go to the dance with me?" He asked, smiling.
i almost thought he was joking, i look around for his friends but didn't see anyone.
i look at his letterman jacket, it said bryce. Suddenly I remembered his name, bryce burke. we're in a lot of classes together.
-"the dance is 2 weeks away?" I tilt my head at the fact he was asking when it was so far ahead."
-"i know! I just don't want you to get snatched away before I could get a chance to ask." he chuckled, nervously looking at his shoes.
-"ill think about it." i said, walking away from my locker and leaving him there.
I mean, he was always nice. hes an athlete and kind of a frat boy, but he's kind of nice.
i hope i can trust that wasn't just on a dare or something.
it usually always is.

as I was walking into second period, I sat down next to sadie and millie.
-"bryce asked me to the dance." I whispered, slightly smiling.
-"bryce??" millie shrieked.
-"bryce burke? I hope you said no." Sadie marked.
-"why? he's not that bad."
-"yes he is! he's worse than noah! why don't you just go with noah?" millie asked.
-"because, i don't like noah like that!"
-"but you like bryce? you guys never even talk, unless you're partners for chemistry or something."
-"i didn't say yes, either! i said id think about it." i said, shamefully.
-"say no." They both said at the same time.
i rolled my eyes, laying back in my seat and throwing my head back.

A/N: this chapter was so rushed and boring but it's whatever but idk if you guys have watched volume two of stranger things yet but im never recovering from it :(