.14

it seemed like hours had passed since ive been waiting at this hospital.
that damn hospital.
it was 2 am, no sign of y/ns parents.
just my family, i havent been able to get ahold of the guys. not even millie nor sadie.
are they all together?
chloe sat next to me, as i fidgeted with my hoodie string, anxiously waiting.
the hospital has called her parents multiple times, even i took a hand at it.
there were police officers talking across the room, they had just questioned me and were waiting for her family to show up.. but im starting to loose hope that they will.
what was taking so long?
she lost a lot of blood, yeah. but still.. ive been waiting here for over 3 hours.
-"its going to be alright noah, relax." chloe pressed her hand on my arm, noticing how anxious i was acting.
-"yeah, i know." i replied, flatly.
soon after, my cell phone rang, practically waking my family and the rest of the people in the hospital up from the loud noise.
i stood up and started walking outside in the cold when i saw finn was calling me.
-"finn?"
-"dude, whats up? youve called us each over 10 times." he asked.
-"you guys are all together?" i ask.
-"yeah, we were at that drive in movie theater. they were open extra late-" caleb replied.
-"are the girls with you??" i asked, frantically interrupting them.
-"right here!" they both cheered.
-"whats happening? you sound shook up." finn asked.
-"there was an accident.. its y/n. you guys need to come to the hospital now." i said, feeling overwhelmed in stress.
it was silence from the other end before i heard the loud beeping from him hanging up.
i threw my phone in my back pocket, running my hands behind my head before cursing under my breath and walking back inside.

it was only a few minutes until all four of them walked in with worried looks on their faces.
when they saw the dry blood stained into my clothes, I could tell their hearts had dropped by the look on their faces.
both millie and sadie jogged over to me, hugging me.
-"what the hell happened??"
-"is she okay?!" they both asked frantically.
-"i don't know.. there was an intruder while she was babysitting.." i stumbled over my words, not being able to speak much.
i didnt know what to say, i guess i was still in shock.
i could tell they were going to cry, i pulled them back into a hug before my sister stood up before them and hugged them.

-"how long ago have you been waiting here?" caleb asked, sitting next to me.
i checked the watch on my wrist, chuckling awkwardly.
-"4 hours now." i shook my head, running my hands over my face, being overcome with exhaustion.
-"you should get some rest, shes probably not going to be stabilized for like hours." chloe suggested.
-"i cant keep my eyes closed." i shook my head, laughing at her thought.
we stood up as the nurse walked over to us, carrying a huge plastic, clear bag.
-"is she.." I asked, looking at the look on her face.
-"shes okay.. shes lost a crazy amount of blood, more than she should've. shes very lucky to be alive, we stopped the bleeding and did a transfusion. she should wake up in the next few hours or so, we just put her on a lot of medication so its likely she wont be awake until about another 2 hours or more. we can't have any visitors in the room until we know shes awake because we aren't certain on her condition yet." she informed us before looking straight at me.
-"here are her old clothes and everything she had on her when she came in." she said, handing me the bag of her belongings.
-"thank you so much." I smiled weakly as she walked away.
-"noah, why dont you go home? maybe get some rest? take a shower?" sadie suggested.
-"yeah, we we're going to go home for a little bit too. we could all come back in the morning?" millie followed up.
-"im coming back before 5 am, i dont want her to be here alone. thats so sad and miserable for her." i shook my head.
-"we aren't stay here all day, son." my father sighed, annoyed.
-"why dont you get your ass home then?" i snarled at him.
-"noah!" my mother yelled at me.
-"youre lucky their are people around, your ass would be 6 feet under." my dad got closer to my face before he shoulder checked me, walking outside.
-"come home, please." chloe begged me, before walking out with my parents.
my friends looked at me as all three of them left.
-"you heard the nurse, noah. shes okay, shes going to be okay." caleb assured me.
-"hey, ill give you a ride back home and wait for you to get ready and stuff and ill take you right back here." finn pressed his hand on my shoulder, before he and i walked out the front doors.
all of this for a stab wound?
she was losing blood for almost 5 minutes straight.
she could've died.

_

i turned off the hot water and stepped out of the glass doors to my shower in the steamy, humid bathroom.
i didnt rush to get dressed, mostly because i didn't have the energy.
i wore black sweat pants with an off-white hoodie that was the first thing i found in my closet.
i threw on my old pair of dior nike airs before stopping in my room to think.
i didnt want to come empty handed..
i stole an old, small traveling backpack from my closet and stocked up some things for y/n.
i took her phone from the plastic bag and placed it in, along with her shoes and a few clothing items from my closet.
i stocked her up with some halloween candy left over from the bowl next to the front door and my laptop.
i walked to my living room where finn was sitting on my couch, talking with chloe.
he stood up when he saw me appearing in the room.
-"ready to roll?" he asked, grabbing his keys as i followed up with a nod.
i gave my sister a hug before leaving for the hospital again.

_

i waited in the hospital, in that small and empty room that was freezing cold.
it was 4 am, i wanted so badly just to fall asleep.
but my eyes refused to stay closed when i shut them. there was no point.
the police wont tell me anything either..
they won't tell me who did this and if their in custody.
who would do this?
why could someone do this?
what was their motive?

a nurse walked up to me, breaking me from my thoughts as i stood up to face her.
-"shes fine and shes awake, her room is 136 if you'd like to see her." she smiled at me, as i grabbed the bag and practically ran through the halls to find her room.
it didnt take long to find the room i was looking for.

136.