.10

after noah left, i sat at the end of my bed to think.
i didnt want to stay in this house overnight tonight, im way too overwhelmed and stressed out.
as i was grabbing a bag and shoving clothes in it, i felt something in my nose.
a nosebleed, again.
i thought it was finally over, I haven't had one in a few weeks.
i grabbed a towel and blocked my nostrils with it to stop the bleeding, but it was heavy. it didnt stop for at least an hour to let me finish packing.
i heard my phone ringing from my bed.
I groaned, sitting up off of the floor and walking over to answer it.

-"hello?
-"y/n? why werent you at school today?" I heard millies voice from the other end.
-"sorry, my dad just sorta came back." i groaned quietly.
-"what??"
-"yeah, i was hoping, since your parents aren't in town, if I could stay the night with you."
-"yeah, of course. ill invite sadie too, okay? I'll be over in 15 minutes." she assured me, before hanging up.
i love how caring those two are for me.
i know at the end of the day, no matter what happens, i always will have them.
they're such good friends.

i heard a knock on my door as i was finishing up shoving things into my bag.
-"come in." I sighed before my father walked in and stood in my doorway.
-"can we talk?" he asked, looking upset.
-"quickly, im going to a friends." i said, sitting down on my bed as he did the same a few moments later.
-"listen, kid.. i know youre upset. im so sorry i left, it was stupid of me. you know i love you, right?" he asked, but didn't get any response out of me.
-"right?" he nudged me, forcing me to look at him.
-"i dont get it. why did all of this happen? we used to be best friends." i sighed, looking him in the eye.
-"i know, trust me. i dont know- after i lost my job, your mom and i.. we started fighting a lot. she was angry, i was depressed. i had no choice but to leave, but i shouldve brought you with me, instead of josh. ive missed you a lot, but i promise you.. i will never leave you again. ever, do you understand?" he held onto my shoulder, making me nod.
-"listen, i mightve found another job for me. i have the interview tomorrow morning, im going to fix our family back together, okay? we're going to move into a bigger house once i get this job and money." he assured me.
i felt a tear fall from my face as my dad stood up and hugged me, i cried over his shoulder.
i missed my father, even if he was never there he always tried to be, unlike my mother. i loved him, i wish things would've ended better with us. I heard a car pulling up next to the sidewalk making me pull away my dad to check out the window.
i smiled, waving at him bedore i walked downstairs and out the front door.
both of them were waiting, millie gave me a hug once I got into the passenger seat.
-"ready to go?" she asked, as I nodded and she drove away.
i was just glad to leave the house, i didnt want to be overwhelmed all day.

_

millie was breading my hair as we both sat on her bed and sadie was trying to figure out how to turn on netflix on millies bedroom tv.
-"your tv won't turn on!" she complained, moving the remote around and smashing her thumb onto the button.
after a while of trying she finally got it, i felt millies hands on my shoulder.
-"all done!" she sighed, as i turned to face her, weakly smiling.
-"hey, you can stay here for as long as you need to. i know this must be hard for you." millie said.
-"no, ill be okay. my dad said hes finding another job.. maybe things can change up after all." I tried to stay positive.
-"what about your brother?" sadie asked.
-"what about him?"
-"is he staying with you guys too?" she asked, sitting across from me on the bed.
-"well, yeah. he's a lazy piece of shit, i dont even think he got into college." I scoffed, looking at my hands.
-"and youre fine with that?" millie asked, surprised.
-"no.. but i only have next year and then im leaving new york. i wont have to worry for too long, and you guys shouldnt either. Ill be fine, trust. I just wanted to get out of the house tonight, you know?" I explained.
-"we know. youre strong." sadie smiled at me, before turning around to turn on a movie.
i noticed in the corner of the room, the Halloween party flyer sticking out of her trash.
-"hey?? why aren't you going to this?" I stood up and snatched it out of the trash.
-"well, we didnt wanna go without you and we assumed with everything going on-"
-"uh, no! im going to this!" i uncrumbled it.
-"really? its this saturday.. do you even have a costume?" millie asked.
-"no, but we can get one. do you want to?" I ask, grabbing her keys.
they both nodded, smiling, before slipping on their shoes and walking out the bedroom door.

_

my friends and i stormed through the isles, trying to figure out what we should wear.
-"do we really have to decide today?" Sadie complained.
-"the party is in 2 days, so yes. and it helps me feel better about my day." I said, looking around.
-"can we be cowgirls? it can be so cute!" millie begged.
-"i don't know, that sounds kind of basic." i winced.
-"guys, what about this?" sadie asked, pointing at a costume idea that caught both millie and i's attention.
we looked at each other, smiling and nodding.
-"that's the one."