.16

hours had passed, it was now morning, 8 am.
i tried to convince noah to go back home last night to get some rest, since it was clear he was exhausted. but he didn't leave, he even decided to skip school.
he slept in a chair, right next to my bed and slept, which i found really sweet.
he was still asleep, which i didn't mind. i let him rest as the nurses brought me breakfast and my favorite nurse, grace, and i spoke together.
she was younger than my other nurse, she just got the job here 6 months ago.
she was very funny and i felt comfortable talking with her like i would with any other of my friends. we made fun of noahs small snoring too, which made me laugh, but i tried my hardest not to with the pain in my stomach.
they had knocked me out last night with pain medications, which had been making me feel a lot better.
they were running a prescription for me to take at home, which i was glad. i didn't want to be in pain 24/7.
after time and time had past, i almost forgot about my parents. they left last night, they refused to wait there so i sent them home.
i could tell they thought i was being dramatic, which made me dread having to go home.
i stopped hearing the soft snores from next to me, making me turn my head at the boy wiping his eyes with his hands.
-"morning." i smiled, feeling my face getting warm.
-"good morning." he sighed, sitting up.
-"what time is it?" he asked, looking confused.
-"almost 9." i said, checking my phone.
he groaned, stretching his arms.
my phone dinged, catching my attention away from noah.
millie had sent me a message through instagram.

[mills] sadie and i are leaving school early to take you home and make sure you get settled safely.

[y/n] you don't have to do that!

[mills] we know!

[y/n] just a question to prepare me, on a scale of 1-10, how much are people talking about everything?

[mills] you really want me to be honest..?

[y/n] yes.

[mills] 100 😬

[y/n] how fun!

[mills] it'll be okay, everyone forgot about what happened at the party. they all think you're dead or dying from the news. some people are even saying they think abbie did it.

[y/n] that's crazy! abbie may be a bitch but she's not a murderer..

[mills] you really believe that?

[y/n] do you??

[mills] youre probably right, she wouldn't do that all because of a guy. but if not her.. then who?

[y/n] i dont even want to know.

-"who are you texting?" noah asked, taking a sip of my orange juice.
-"just millie, they're going to pick us up in a few and set me up at home." i let off a weak smile before shutting my phone off.
-"okay, good." he nodded, looking away from me awkwardly.
he looked nervous, like he wanted to say something but he was holding it back.
-"are you okay?" i ask, concerned.
-"of course, why do you ask?" he puffed.
-"you just look like you have something on your mind." i shrugged.
-"no.. i'm just glad you're okay." he smiled at me, making my face turn red as i smiled, almost giggling.
-"i know this is terrible timing with everything going on, but i was wondering maybe.. after this was all over and you are completely healed, in a few weeks.. would you maybe wanna like.. let me take you out again?" he asked, looking nervous again.
i smiled, realizing i was blushing.
-"yeah, i'd love to." i replied, looking at my hands and smiling.
we sat there, smiling at each other in silence. but not an awkward silence, a weirdly comfortable one.
a few doctors walked in, greeting me with a smile.
-"good morning, y/n! we're going to replace your bandage if youre ready." he said, walking over to me.
-"okay." i smiled nervously, as noah moved his chair back so the doctor could go to my right side.
noah walked over to my left where there was free space.
the doctor lifted my sweatshirt up before slowly and carefully removing the medical tape, revealing a big, swollen gap in my skin that was starting to close.
i saw noah's face out of the corner of his eye, it was a mix of disgust, worry, and care all at once.
the doctor applied a thin layer of petroleum onto the nonstick bandage before wrapping it around my injury, checking every minute or so if i was doing alright, which i appreciated.
once they were done, they gave me more medicine and checked up on my heart rate and blood pressure before leaving.