.21

november 8th -

it had just been 2 days after i had watched my family get arrested. i had officially met noahs parents, but they wanted to plan a dinner for all of his family for me to feel more welcome, which i really appreciated. noah has been very supportive of me these past few nights, hes always really patient with me. i don't know how he can handle me sometimes.
his parents only had found out today that i was staying there, since noah was hiding me the first two nights for some odd reason.
i was wearing a pair of light washed boyfriend jeans with a dark grey, big button up that was half way tucked in the front with white high topped converse.
we were out at a restaurant that they go to a lot, apparently. it was pretty fancy and kind of packed since it was a saturday night.
noah and chloe were sitting directly next to me and his parents were sitting across from us.
things surprisingly weren't even awkward, i figured since they don't even know me and from how noah thinks of them, they wouldn't be easy to talk to. but they surprisingly super sweet.
they were asking about my friends, how i used to play basketball, and just random stuff about my life.
-"why did you quit?" his mother asked me.
-"i'm not sure, i think i was just busy. i'm probably rusty now from not playing in a few years." i shook my head.
-"well, we have a hoop in our backyard for noah. you can play with him and he can show you a few things." his father assured me.
me and noah made eye contact, he was sharing a cheesy, big smile with me.
-"for sure." he chuckled, drinking his water.
-"hey, this might go without saying.. but now that you're staying with us, even if you and noah are just friends.. do you mind sleeping with chloe in her bedroom?" his mother politely asked.
i could hear noah choke on his water after hearing her say that, all three of us were in a sort of shock.
-"mom." they both groaned.
-"no, of course! as long as it's okay with chloe." i finally spoke after a few moments.
-"yes! id love to share a bedroom with you." she smiled, side hugging me.
her mother smiled at the both of us hugging, chloe and i were starting to become friends the more i hung around, millie and sadie liked her too.
noah and i shared a glance with each other for a brief moment, we were both embarrassed.
his parents don't know many details about our relationship to each other, i mean.. we're dating but we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend. not yet, at least..
neither one of us told chloe about us, but shes always expected it. and with the rumors around school pretty much confirmed her suspicions.
i didn't really want his parents to know yet, neither did noah. it would make things so much more awkward.
the food was amazing, i don't think i've ate that good in a while. no wonder they always come here.

as we were in the backseat, i was sitting in the middle again and they were by my side.
i felt my phone buzzing from my bag, so i reach down to grab it and saw on the front of my screen the caller ID.

westchester county department of corrections.

the prison my family had been sent to.
i could tell noah was looking at me, i didn't want him to see. i shut my phone off and slipped it back into my bag, hoping he didn't see.
i crossed my arms and stayed silent the whole way home, i could see noah sharing brief stares from the corner of my eye, but i ignored them.
once we got to their house again, all three of us headed upstairs.
it was almost 8, i was getting ready to head to chloe's room after repacking a few things back into my bag.
my bag was sitting on his bed and my phone was on the other side towards the door, where i saw noah walking in.
i heard my phone buzzing right in front of noah, but before i could do anything he picked my phone up and checked the caller ID.
-"have they been calling you?" he asked, showing me the number.
-"yeah, i'm sure it's nothing." i said, taking my phone back and shoving it in my back pocket.
-"can't you just stop them from calling?" he asked.
-"i'll figure it out tomorrow." i sighed, wanting to run away from this conversation.
as i was about to walk past him, he stopped me by grabbing onto my shoulder and turning me back around.
-"are you alright?" he asked, calm as usual.
-"yeah, of course. sorry, i just didn't want to think about my parents today. thank you for tonight." i smiled up at him.
-"yeah, thank you for being so patient with my parents. they're so embarrassing and annoying." he rolled his eyes.
i giggled, brushing my hair back.
-"they were fine!" i smiled.
we stood there, looking at each other for a while.
i gave him a hug, feeling overwhelmed with the feeling of things turning around.
his parents were treating me just like family.
his family were making me feel so comfortable and welcome and things were going better than i thought they would.
i slowly pulled away from his arms, smiling.
-"i'll see you later." i said, starting to walk away.
-"see ya." he waved as i walked across the hall to chloe's room.
she was sitting on the side of her bed and she stood right up when i walked in.
-"hey! wanna watch euphoria with me?" she asked, in her pajamas.
-"yes! i haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet." i smiled, shutting the door behind me as i laid the bag on the floor.
-"are you serious? you haven't watched it yet? get dressed so we can start!" she giggled eagerly.