.15

i walked inside the wide open door to y/n sitting up in her bed with another nurse talking with her, she smiled weakly when she saw my presents inside the door.
i walked over to her in a rush and hugged her tightly, wrapping my arms around her neck, hugging her as if it were the last time.
i felt my breath getting shaky with my head pressing against hers.
-"are you feeling okay?" i asked, finally facing her and seeing the tube wrapped around her face inside her nose.
-"yeah, im fine. my entire side just aches." she sighed, looking at the nurse.
-"shes looking a lot better then before. although, any swift movement will hurt her, try to keep her moving around to a minimum. in the morning, we're not keeping her long. just until about 12 to observe her wounds. but make sure she eats a lot of iron and vitamin B, it'll help her blood and iron." she informed me, before turning to walk outside.
i thanked her, watching her leave before turning back around towards y/n and sitting next to her.
-"whats in the bag?" she asked, looking at my hands.
-"oh, this is just stuff for you. your phone, a change of clothes, some food, and my laptop in case you get bored." i said, watching her unzip the backpack.
-"thanks, noah." she smiled at me, starting to dig through the things in the bag before being startled by a noise at the door.
it was knocking coming from a few police officers.
-"are you feeling better, y/n?" one asked, pulling up a chair to sit next to her, on the other side of me.
-"yep, much better." she weakly smiled.
-"great, we were wondering if you'd be up for a few questions?" he asked, pulling out a notepad as she nodded.
the officer looked at me, and it took me a moment to realize he wanted me to leave.
i stood up, apologizing, about to walk out before she stopped me.
-"no, he can stay!" she practically yelled, making me turn back around.
the officer shrugged with a big sigh before i walked back around and stood next to her.
-"how much do you remember of last nights events?" he asked.
-"everything.. at least until noah hit him. everything went blank after that. i don't even remember getting in the back of the ambulance." she shook her head.
-"why dont you tell me your story of how that night went down. leave out no detail, big or small." he said, writing something down.
-"i was facetiming noah in the living room while liam was upstairs brushing his teeth and getting ready for bed. when he wanted to be tucked in, i left my phone in the living room with him still on the phone.
after i tucked him in, he kept on asking me to check under his bed for monsters and then his closet. the closet where the man was.
liam ran downstairs and the man grabbed me and threw me to the floor, that's when he.." she explained, looking at the side of her abdomen.
-"how did you get away from him?"
-"i kicked him, and ran downstairs and into the basement. i had grabbed my phone to take with me and i saw liam talking to the police. we were just hiding under the stairs, i was trying to keep pressure over my side but it didnt work that well. it was probably around 2 minutes until he found us again, and tried to stab me again.
the last thing i remember is noah hitting him in the back with a baseball bat. everything is kind of a blur after that." she finished explaining.
the officers all looked at each other, blankly, saying nothing.
-"who did this?" she asked.
-"we don't know.. when we all tan downstairs, he was gone and the top window was open." an officer said.
-"WHAT?" both y/n and i shrieked.

-"y/n!" a women yelled at the door, startling her.
her brother and father walked in after her mother, her mother eyeing the police.
-"what the hell is going on??" her brother asked.
-"there was an incident with a robbery.." one of the officers started.
-"it wasnt a robbery!" y/n defended.
-"who the hell are you?" her dad asked me, as all three of them stared me down.
-"um... a friend." i said, awkwardly.
-"c'mon, y/n. we're going home." her mother said, trying to grab her and pull her up, but y/n cried in pain, grabbing the side of her stomach.
-"whats wrong with her?" her dad asked one of the police officers.
-"ask her nurse." they said, walking out of the room.
both nurses rushed in after hearing y/n and slowly started to adjust her back in bed.
-"she has a stab wound in her abdomen, she can't have any rapid movement, it increases her pain." the doctor said.
-"thats bullshit, she's completely fine." her brother scoffed.
her brother pissed me off the more he spoke.
what a fucking asshole.
-"why wont you let her leave??" her mother yelled at the nurses, probably waking the whole hospital.
-"because shes still in need of medical attention!" the nurse replied, trying to stay calm.
-"just calm down, we'll leave tomorrow." her father said, being the only calm one.
i saw the way they looked at their daughter, i couldnt take it. it made me want to scream, how angry they made me.
its probably a lot worse than i think it is..
but i need more proof.
she cant live like this anymore.
she deserves better.