.22

that morning, i woke up in chloe's bed myself.
it was 8 am, and the thing waking me up was my phone vibrating against the nightstand.
i groan, grabbing it and seeing it was the prison again.
why do they keep calling? they're never going to stop.
i figured it would be easier to answer so they would stop.
-"hello??" i ask, sounding like i just woke up, which i did.
-"why haven't you been answering?" my mom asked.
-"because."
-"well, i want to see you. we all need to see you."
-"no, you don't." i laughed.
-"please just come by, just this once. we all want to talk to you. come alone, too." she sighed.
-"if you really think that's going to happen, youre out of your god damn mind." i snarled, raising my voice higher.
-"DONT talk to me like t-"
i hung up before she got a chance to finish her sentence.
it's been 2 minutes and my days already ruined.
i throw my phone back down, pushing my hair out of my face.
-"hey."
i julted around and saw noah standing in the doorway, knocking on the door.
-"i'm going to murder you." i said, breathing heavier.
-"sorry, your breakfast is getting cold. are you coming?" he asked, smiling.
-"yeah, i'll be down in a second." i sighed, watching him walk out of my sight and downstairs.
i walked to the bathroom, brushing my hair and teeth before walking downstairs to where chloe and noah were.
-"our parents are at work, so it's just us today." chloe said, eating her breakfast.
i walked up to my food next to noah, sitting at the table a few inches away from him.
i rested my head into the palm of my hand as i ate the food noah made me.
-"what's wrong?" he nudged me with his shoulder.
-"i'm tired because you kept me up all night." i joked.
-"yeah, noah. i could hear you bouncing that dumb ball around all night, it was aggravating." she groaned at him, getting up to wash her dishes.
-"sorry!" he defended.
i looked down at my food, smiling when i remembered the events of what happened last night.
i could feel him looking at me in the corner of my eye, but i didnt look back.
i ate my breakfast and walked back up to the bedroom to get dressed after chloe had already been dressed.
i heard my phone buzzing again, making me even more aggravated.
i grabbed my phone and answered.
-"what do you guys want?!" i practically yelled, shutting the bedroom door so nobody could hear me.
-"y/n, please. we know youre mad. you never have to come visit us again, just please stop by. for at least 5 minutes." my dad begged.
-"if i do, will you leave me alone?" i hesitated to answer.
-"i promise." he said, making me roll my eyes.
i took a moment to myself to think.
how do i know he's not lying again?
maybe i should see them.
just this once.
so i could actually let go and say goodbye.
i don't want to go by myself.
noah wouldnt want to go with me, neither would millie or sadie.
-"fine. i guess i can come around 1." i sighed in defeat.
i heard the dial tone coming from the other end, meaning he hung up.
i got dressed, accidentally finding myself slamming and throwing my things around to find an outfit to wear, aggravated.
i wore a long sleeved, white black and blue striped shirt with grey jeans.
i was in a bad mood for the rest of the beginning of the day. chloe left to go with her friends and so it was just noah and i, watching a movie in the living room.
he could tell i wasn't feeling happy, maybe if i didn't get that call and i didn't agree to see them, i'd be happier. i like noah so much and i just kissed him for the first time last night, that should make me happy enough.
i had to tell noah, but say what exactly? i don't want to see them, i know he doesn't want me to either, but i have too.
should i just tell him?
no, i cant.
he'd never agree to go with me.

-"is this about your parents?" he paused the movie, looking me in the eye.
i looked away from him, my heart skipping beats knowing i had to tell him.
-"i promised to see them today, and they promised if i showed up.. they'd never call me again." i admitted.
-"why didn't you tell me?" he asked.
-"i thought you wouldn't like me seeing them." i shook my head, confusingly.
-"well, y/n- if you want to see them it's not my choice. i'll go with you." he said.
-"you will?" i furrowed my eyebrows.
-"of course, as long as it makes you happy." he nudged me with his shoulder, making me smile again.
-"there's that smile." he smiled, making me smile even more and my face became red.
-"what time should we leave?" he asked.
-"i told them 1." i replied as he checked the time on his phone.
-"it's only 11:30, we have time." he smiled at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, making me feel oddly comfortable.
i relaxed, watching the movie with noah, feeling better than earlier.