6 The morning after

Damian POV

I squeezed my eyes shut tighter as the sound of my alarm echoed through the room. Slowly, I turned to the nightstand to silence the piercing sound of the ringing. Groaning, I rolled back over and scooted as close as I could to Kat.

She slept on her stomach, her naked body barely covered by the white sheet. The sun's rays that stole through the curtains shimmered on her skin. With a smile I pressed a small kiss on her shoulder blade, then one to her neck.

Katja sighed softly as she began to wake up. She turned around to me while pulling the sheet up to cover herself with it. With her free hand she smoothed her wild hair. Damn, she looked so beautiful.

"Morning." she said softly and shyly.

"Good morning Bluebell. Did you sleep well?" I asked.

"Yes, I did. What about you?" she wanted to know.

"I slept well, too. I could get used to having you by my side." I said before giving her a kiss.

"I should be heading back to my room now. Say.... want to go get breakfast together'" Kat replied as she slowly sat up and shoved the sheet away.

"As much as I would like to do that.... I'm afraid I don't have time. I have to catch my flight. But next time for sure." I explained to her as I swung my legs out of bed to grab some fresh clothes from my suitcase and then quickly take a shower.

"Oh yeah. Okay. You're right. I still have to pack anyway. I guess I'll see you on Sunday then?" said Kat as she also got up and rummaged for her clothes.

I looked at her and couldn't help but replay memories of last night in my head. Somehow, despite everything she said, I felt guilty. And the slight bruises on her breasts, collarbone and hips didn't help me feel any better.

Apparently I had gripped her soft flesh too tightly. I always knew that she was as delicate as lace. But that I had left marks on her was unacceptable. I turned away so I wouldn't have to see the evidence any longer.

"I'll see you on Sunday. For your big appearance. I can't wait to see how the audience will react." I said as I tried to make my voice sound casual, but I wasn't sure if I succeeded.

"Everything okay between us?" she wanted to know, probably because she noticed that I wasn't looking at her.

"Of course. It's just... I don't know... kind of weird." I replied, trying to avoid her.

"I know what you mean, but.... I'm sure we can handle it. Thanks for last night Damian. It meant a lot to me." Katja said as she made her way out of the room.

"Bluebell wait!" I said.

I followed her, took her face between my hands and gave her a long kiss. In no way did I wanted her to think badly of me. No matter how badly I thought of myself at that moment.

"Call me when you have landed safely, okay? I want to make sure you're okay," I said softly to her.

Katja nodded her head as she looked deep into my eyes. Something was going through her beautiful head and I couldn't blame her. My own head was spinning with thoughts.