26 My first, my last and my everything

Damian POV

Nervously I paced up and down outside the door to our bedroom with Hazel in my arms as I waited for it to finally open. Every second that passed seemed like an eternity to me. I could hardly stand the tension. I wanted to see my Bluebell.

"Bluebell, this is really becoming torture! Are you ready?" I asked for probably 10 times.

"Yes, I am. You can come in!" Kat called back, thank God.

I took another deep breath and then reached my hand out for the door handle. The door opened slowly. Almost as if in slow motion. But there she was at last. My personal angel. And she looked even more stunning than I could have imagined.

When Hazel saw her mommy in her lace wedding dress, she cooed and squealed joyfully. Her little arms immediately stretched out to Kat. She took our daughter from my arms while I could only stare at her silently. I was so overwhelmed by her beauty and grace that I almost forgot to breathe.

"D? Are you okay?" Bluebell finally wanted to know. In her face I saw that she suppressed a laugh. Probably because of my facial expression.

"Okay? That doesn't even begin to cover it, Bluebell! You are so stunningly beautiful! I needed a moment to take that in." I said as I took a step towards my girls and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Aww Damian.... please don't make me cry already. And just for the record... if anyone is drop dead gorgeous around here, it's you." replied Kat with a little sniffle.

"I beg to differ. I'm holding the most beautiful thing I have in my life in my arms. I would love to stay here all day and tell you both how much I love you, but we have places to be." I then said.

"You're right. Let's get this show on the road," Kat agreed with me.

Together we made our way to the marina where a ship with our guests was waiting for us. We would have the wedding on this ship after it sailed out to sea and we could enjoy a beautiful scenery.

It had been such a perfect idea for a small ceremony with our dearest people. This... This day was important for us and it was especially important for us to enjoy it in peace.

Arrived at the marina we were awaited ready. Our guests greeted us. A look at my fiancée showed me that she was overwhelmed by the love and joy that was brought to us.

And then it was already time. I tried to concentrate so that I would not forget anything I wanted to say to her. 

We stood in front of the Justice of the Peace and listened to his words attentively as I had Hazel in my arms and held Kat's tightly with my free hand. Hazel had put her head on my shoulder while she put her little hand on my neck.

"Katja, I have thought long and hard about what I want to say to you on this beautiful day. There is so much for which I am grateful. But the most important thing of all is that we are together. You, Hazelnut and me. I love you. And I love our little one more than I will ever be able to put into words. But I'm going to try anyway.

I don't know what I did to deserve having you in my life. For me this is a gift for which I will be eternally grateful. When I met you it was like meeting an angel. I never thought I would be worthy of you, but here we are.

Katja, my Bluebell.... You are the purest, most precious being for me. That's why I like to compare you to lace. Like the lace on your beautiful wedding dress, you are delicate and soft, yet tougher than some would think. You are the opposite to the rough, firm leather I have always seen myself as.

You are beautiful, loving, caring, funny and above all you are strong. You stand up for what you want and for those you love. You are an amazing mommy to our Hazelnut. I am proud to have you by my side and I promise we can do anything as long as we are a family. I love you, Bluebell. More than you will ever know." I began my vows and when I was done, I was glad I hadn't forgotten too much.

"Damian... I know we had a rough start. I made a lot of mistakes. And I can't tell you how glad I am that you were able to forgive me and start over. You are so gracious. You are generous and honest. I know I can always count on you.

In you Hazel has a daddy who will always be there for her. No matter what our angel needs, I know that you will always take care of our daughter. And me, of course. I fell in love with you, head over heels, because it is simply impossible not to fall in love with you.

It doesn't matter if I have a good day or a bad day, as long as you are by my side I can endure anything. I will share my life with you. You, Damian, are my first, my last and my everything. I am yours. I love you and I promise to love you always. In this life and in my next. No matter what." Bluebell spoke as tears started to run down her cheeks after all.

We exchanged rings and then the Justice of the Peace pronounced us husband and wife. I put my free hand on my wife's hip and pulled her to me. We kissed tenderly as our guests clapped and cheered joyfully. But then Little Hazel pushed her head between us, making everyone present laugh. Clearly, she was a little jealous. Bluebell and I kissed our daughter's temples as she now giggled happily.

"I love you, Mrs. Priest," I said softly.

"I love you too, Mr Priest. Just like little Miss Priest." she replied and then stretched to steal another kiss.

This day was so special for us, but I knew we had many more special days ahead of us in our lives. And I couldn't wait to share them with Katja and our daughter. Who knows, maybe someday more little surprises would come into our lives to share these days with us.