21 In that case

Damian POV

We all stood there in total shock as Mr McMahon came closer. His hands on his hips and a more than angry expression on his face. Well not really everyone, because I saw Theory sneering wickedly despite the bleeding nose he was holding.

"What? You can't fire me! You have no power in this company anymore!" gasped Kat after a few seconds when she caught herself.

"This is still my company, young lady, and I can do whatever I want. I don't like your behavior. You had no reason to hit him." the old man replied.

"Sir, with all due respect-" I began.

"I don't want to hear a word from you, Damian. This is none of your business," Vince growled.

"Oh, I think I have something to say then. Theory harassed me, he touched me against my will, and if that's not bad enough, he insulted me. I will not let your personal jack-in-the-box treat me like that. If anything, he deserves to be punished!" growled Katja, upset.

She was completely beside herself. I had never seen her like that. Normally she was quiet and reserved and would never contradict a superior. But I had to admit that I more than liked this side of her.

"It doesn't matter. You're fired." he repeated.

"Well, in that case!" she retorted, punching Theory again to wipe the stupid grin off his face.

"And just for your information, Sir, this subject is not closed yet. I am protecting what is mine. My daughter, my man, and my job. The last word has not been spoken. Count on it. It could get very nasty." She hissed as she turned to Mr. McMahon and glared at him.

Damn! She was really on fire. And I liked what I saw and heard. She stood up for herself and for us and didn't let them get to her.

She gave Mr. McMahon and Theory one more piercing, angry look before turning her back on them. Then she came to me, took Hazel in her arms and looked up at me. Without a word she walked off and I followed her with the stroller until we were out of earshot of the others.

"Bluebell, I'm so sorry. Tell me what-" I began again, but she silenced me with her lips.

"I love you, Damian. And I'll fix this." she said after the kiss.

"I love you too, Bluebell. But how do we fix this?" I asked with a slight correction.

Kat smiled mildly as she put a hand to my cheek. She looked deep into my eyes as if searching for something while stroking my lips with her thumb. Hazel was quiet during this time, although she was wide awake. It was almost as if she was listening to us attentively.

"I need to talk to Stephanie and Hunter as soon as possible. I'll take Hazel with me and you get to work. I don't want him to have you on his radar, too. Stay away from Theory and don't say a word to the others. I'll see you at the hotel, okay? You remember which hotel, right?" replied Kat.

She had told me earlier in which hotel she had checked in and I had promised her that we would spend the night there together before we would make our way to the next city. However, I had imagined the whole thing much happier than it was now at the moment. 

"I do. Do you think she'll go through with it?" I wanted to know as I put my arms around my girls.

"I don't know. But as you know, there's always a plan B." she replied and then stood on her tiptoes to give me another intense kiss.