15 Happy

Katja POV

"Damian, thank you again. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this day. It was so nice to spend time with you both on that beach. I will never forget Hazel's little laugh when she had her tiny toes in the water. To me that was the most beautiful sound in the world. I hope we can do that again soon," I gushed as we arrived back at my place.

Damian carried Hazel inside without her noticing anything. She was out like a light. After all, it had been an exciting day for our little lady. I didn't expect her to wake up anytime soon.

"You're more than welcome. I enjoyed the day with you guys, too. And I think some great photos came out of it. But I'm already sad that I have to go back on the road tomorrow morning. You have to promise me that you will send me lots of photos and videos of Hazelnut. Because I miss you both already.

Speaking of that... Do you know when you're coming back? Are you coming back? And if so, what are we going to do with Hazel when we both have to work?" replied Damian.

"That's why I was there when you were in LA. We talked about when I was going to come back and what I was going to come back as. I still have a few months to go where I stay home with Hazel. After that I am supposed to be back on the road full time. That means I would have to take Hazel with me," I explained as I followed him into the nursery and watched him put the baby to bed.

"That's doable, isn't it? After all, there are two of us. Other people manage to do it, too," he said as he took my hand and we went into the living room together to sit down.

"Yes, I know. But honestly, I'm not sure that's so good for a little kid. In the world we live in these days, with all the strangers and always in a new, unfamiliar environment. And honestly it gives me a lot of anxiety. We are constantly dealing with weird people who come too close to us. I think it would be better for Hazel to grow up in a stable environment and with a certain routine. 

It's just my personal opinion that it's not a good idea to have to travel with a baby or toddler as much as we do. I don't care how others handle it. I just think it can't be in the best interest of the child. Maybe my mind will change on the matter someday. In addition, I'm not sure I want a nanny." I babbled on and then had to take a deep breath to not let my fears get the better of me.

"Hey... everything will be fine. I am sure that together we will find a solution. And I understand your thoughts. But don't forget that we have many friends to work with, not only strangers. Maybe you could be a manager first to fulfill your contract. Well, in case wrestling is too much pressure for you. 

I remember you telling me how much it was stressing you out. Or if you decide to quit wrestling altogether and work more in acting, I will support you in that as well. Whatever makes you happy is right for Hazel," Damian replied as he put his arm around my shoulder.

I rested my head against his chest and tried again to calm my breathing and heartbeat. 

"You make me happy, Damian," I whispered.

"Then I'm doing my job right. And just so you know, you make me happy too, just like little Hazelnut. Even though I still have a hard time believing she's real." he replied and I felt him press a kiss to my hair.

"What do you say I make us something special for dinner?" I wanted to know a few minutes later.

"You can do whatever you want, Bluebell." said Damian, but I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Okay, then I have to make a quick trip to the store. Take good care of the baby for me. You could go take a shower already if you want. I'll be quick. Besides, I wanted to talk to you about a little something," I replied as I reluctantly broke away from him.

"Hold on a sec." he said as he grabbed my hand to stop me from standing up.

Damian looked deep into my eyes before pushing a strand of my hair over my shoulder. As he did so, his fingertips gently stroked my collarbone and neck. Goosebumps formed on the areas he touched as he slowly leaned toward me. His lips touched mine gently at first, like a feather, but quickly our kiss became deeper and more intense.

"Don't take too long, Bluebell." he whispered as he finally broke away from me.

His dark eyes sparkled while I didn't quite know where I was anymore.