Chapter 4

"She's never had one here before," the office lady shook her head.

"Did you ever wonder why she had a service dog?" Kota asked and she shook her head.

"We never saw a reason to inquire about her dog," she shrugged. "She let us know she had a service dog and had all the legal paperwork and we left it at that. We saw it as her place to let us know the medical reasons. She made sure all of the parents were aware she has one and asked if any of the children had allergies so changes could be made if need be. This is the first time she ever needed help with something."

"You medsty make hands no shake no more?"

The group looked over to see Luna holding Skye's hand with Night on her other side.

"Yes," Luna smiled, "I promise I'm okay. My medicine will start to work soon. I'm okay."

"Otay, go home gets lots rest and dink lots water," Skye smiled. "Daddy Sean say rest does wonners."

"Yes, rest does wonders," Sean smiled, "I'm glad you've been listening."

"I will as soon as I'm done here," Luna smiled softly at her. "I promise."

"Otay," Skye smiled. "Bye bye Miss Luna Night Night."

"Bye bye Princess Skye," She smiled while Night barked making Skye giggle.

Luna shut her binder and sighed, "Finally to a stopping point," she smiled softly at Night. "Ready to get out of here and go home?" Night barked and she smiled as she grabbed her purse and binder then stood. As she was walking to her car she noticed a car pull into the parking lot and by her. Night got in front of her and started growing. The door opened and she sighed in relief when she saw the man get out of the car. "Mr. Toma, how can I help you, Sir? What are you doing here?"

"Why are you just now leaving the school, Miss Luna?" He asked curiously. "I was on my way back from checking on some sharks at my aquarium and I saw the both of you leaving and got curious as to why you are here so late at night."

"Oh," She barely chuckled, "I had some paperwork I need to catch up on and plan the lessons for the next few days. I um, just lost track of time."

"It's nine at night," He frowned. "You should be home curled up on the couch watching TV and resting or sleeping."

"As lovely as that sounds," she blushed, "I still have a lot of work to do and I still need to get home and make dinner for Night and me."

"Would it be rude of me to ask if I can just order you something to be delivered to your place?" He asked carefully. He knew he had to tread carefully.

"Oh, no that's okay," She shook her head. "It is late as you pointed out. Everything is closed, I am fine just making something once we get home."

"You need to be resting," He frowned, "Doc did say rest does wonders after all. We can't be having our daughter's favorite teacher get sick."

"I'm her only teacher," She rolled her eyes.

"Which makes you her favorite," He chuckled. "Please, it could be a way of apologizing after our ex's drama this afternoon."

"You aren't going to give up are you?" She asked and he shook his head. "Well, I can see where Skye gets her stubbornness from." Axel chuckled and she sighed, "I would say fine but nowhere is open this late so maybe another time."

"I know of a place," he smirked. "How does burgers and fries sound?"

She smiled softly, "that actually sounds perfect. Thank you."

She told him how she would like them and her information then he pulled his phone out as it started ringing with a video call. "Hello?"

"Everything okay, Axel? You should have been home by now," Marc said concerned.

"Sorry, I got distracted by a late night teacher that we know," He said moving the camera to show Luna and Night.

"What is Miss Teacher doing at the school so late?" Luke called from the background.

"Working late apparently," Axel chuckled when she blushed at the nickname.

"Why?" Sean asked as he came into the picture. "She should be home resting."

"I was heading home when Mr. Toma pulled up," She pointed out.

"To work some more and was still going to cook some dinner," Axel put in "but I convinced her to let us order her some dinner to be delivered after much persuasion."

"Good," Marc smiled. "Now what would she like for her and Night?"

Axel gave him the information and hung up the phone. "Can I ask about your ex?" Luna asked nervously.

"Another time," He nodded with a soft smile, "that is a very long conversation and you still need to get home and eat then get some sleep."

"Yes Sir," She nodded as she reached into her purse for her car keys missing the glint in his eyes. "You are right, it is getting late. Well," She sighed as she unlocked her car and put her binder and purse in the passenger seat, "thank you for dinner and for help with my medical issue earlier."

"You are welcome," he nodded. "Will you text us when you get home so we know you made it safely please? We will let you know when your food is out for delivery."

She agreed and he watched as she left. Just as she was getting dressed from her shower there was a knock on her door. Her phone vibrated seconds later and she saw it was a text letting her know that her food was delivered.

Thank you for dinner, Night and I appreciate it.

You are welcome. Enjoy and get plenty of sleep. You have a busy day tomorrow.

That I do. Good night.

Sweet Dreams, Miss Teacher