Chapter 10

Matthew and Luna dropped as the shot still rung in the air. Axel took off running to the dropped pair with cops right on his tail. Axel dropped to his knees and put his hand over Luna's throat to try and stop the blood that was pouring from her throat.

"S...S...S..." She gurgled as she looked up at him with fear in her eyes.

"Shhh, don't talk, Doll," Axel said as he applied more pressure to her throat. "Skye is fine, she's safe, don't worry about her. Keep looking at me, okay?" He asked as he tried to remain calm. "Don't you close those pretty blue eyes, Doll. Stay with us, okay?"

"G...goo...good," She reached up and weakly grabbed his wrist.

"Don't talk, Miss Teacher," he gently commanded. "Just keep looking at me."

"Move Axel," Sean said dropping to his knees. "Hey Miss Teacher, stay awake," he said when he realized that her eyes were started to close. "Look at us, Luna. Open those pretty eyes of yours."

"Ni...Ni..." she tried to talk as she opened her eyes.

"Night is on his way to the vet," Axel said quickly looking around and saw Kota picking up Night and start to walk away.

"We need one body bag and where the hell is my ambulance?" An officer yelled into his walkie talkie as he walked over. "Do you know who that man was?"

"Her ex," Axel growled, "can we do this later, Officer?"

"Yes," he said as the ambulance finally arrived.

"Don't you let go, Axel," Sean said as the EMTs rushed over. "Don't move that hand. Stay awake, Luna."

"Got it, Doc," Axel nodded as he walked with Sean and the EMTs to the hospital.

"Luna, open those eyes," Sean said as they climbed into the ambulance and he noticed that her eyes were dropping. "Luna, open your eyes. Luna? Luna?"

"Come on, Miss Teacher," Axel pleaded, "wake up."

"Step on it!" Sean shouted to the driver as he checked her pulse. "She's still alive."

They finally arrive at the hospital and Sean starts shouting at the doctors and nurses that were rushing out to meet them. Axel took a step back and took a deep breath. His phone rang, "Hello?"

"How is she?" North asked as Axel heard his car speed up.

"I don't know," Axel shook his head sadly. "She passed out in the ambulance but is still alive. Sean just left with her."

"We're on our way."

"How's Skye?" Axel asked nervously.

"Scared and confused," North admitted. "She's with Momma, Jess, and Uncle. She really doesn't understand what is going on but knows enough that her teacher is hurt and Sean is going to fix her."

"And what about Sheila?" Axel asked.

"She was arrested for attempted kidnapping and other shit," North chuckled, "I toned out everything else but Owen was talking to the cops so you can imagine there's a million other things he's going to have them include on charges."

"And what about Skye's hearing what she was saying?" Axel asked nervously.

"She hasn't said or asked about it so we aren't saying anything until she brings it up," North sighed. "She's more worried about how hurt Baby is. She kept asking if Sean would be able to fix her then would nod and say her daddy could fix her. She asked Uncle why the bad man and lady tried to hurt her and her teacher and Uncle told her that unfortunately sometimes bad things happen to good people but not to worry about it because her daddies were going to fix everything."

"Thanks for the no pressure, Uncle," Axel murmured and shook his head.

"You know damn well we will do everything possible to resolve this and reassure both of them that this will never happen again," North growled.

"I know," Axel nodded. "But still..."

"We're pulling up," North grumbled.

Axel hung up the phone and a few minutes later he saw the rest of the group heading his way. "Any news yet?" Kota asked and Axel shook his head.

The group headed to Sean's office and plopped down to wait for news. The silence hung heavy in the air as the seconds passed into minutes then hours. Each one of them lost in their own thoughts.

"We're never going to know now, are we?" Luke's voice crackled finally breaking the deafening silence.

"What?" Marc asked.

"He told Miss Teacher that she could play pretend all she wanted but it will never be the same and she will always have the pain of knowing that because it was of him for denying him what he wanted. Now that Raven killed him, we will never know what he took from her."

"Actually," Sean said sadly as he walked into his office, "I do know what he did to her."