Chapter 26

"Everything go okay?" Kota asked as they walked into the house an hour later.

"Fine," she mumbled dropping her keys beside the bowl and purse on the ground. "They can tell you, I need a moment."

"I take it the appointment didn't go well?" Kota asked and Sean sighed.

"She apparently had an appointment we weren't aware of and was prescribed prescriptions she didn't get filled," Sean explained. "She forgot about all about the appointment and the prescriptions."

"Well, she has had a lot going on lately," Silas defended.

"Oh, I know," Sean nodded, "I just don't like the idea of her forgetting something so important."

"That won't be an issue anymore," Owen said straightening his tie, "now that you put on that little show at the appointment."

"What show?" Luke asked jumping over the back of the couch and plopping down ignoring the look North was giving him.

Sean and Owen explained what happened during the appointment and Luke burst out laughing at the fact that Sean was able to get ahold of Dr. Roberts when no one else could.

"Be honest, Doc," North said resting his elbows on his knees. "What will this surgery do? Is it necessary?"

"It can possibly repair some of the damage that was done to her," Sean tried to explain. "If there is a lot of scar tissue it can pull on her muscles and organs, causing some of her pain. It could possibly ease some of the pain she feels. I won't know for sure until I give her an exam and look at all the information her previous doctor and Doc Roberts have. Like I told her, I won't give false hope or false answers. I need to do my research then I can make a well-informed decision."

"But she has given permission for him to perform the surgery if he thinks it will do her some good," Owen nodded as he sat down at his desk. "I see Gabriel has got a lot of things moved in since we have been gone."

"Yeah, we're already almost completely moved in," Nathan nodded. "We're keeping the house as a second home so we don't need to move everything over. It'll be good in case we need space or just want to get away for a bit or something."

"Good idea," Owen nodded.

"Where's Angelos Mou?" Silas asked coming down the stairs. "She's not in her room."

"Night!" Kota called out but was met with silence.

"Mommy weave," Skye said coming into the room eating a bag of fruit snacks.

"She did?" Axel asked and Skye nodded.

"She get test on bone say go to stool do work and weave," Skye said as she crawled into Raven's lap. "She say she wike my room. She happy we here, Daddy?"

"Da," Raven nodded, "just lot on her mind from doctor visit."

"Daddy Sean make all bebber?" She asked making Raven chuckle.

"Da," he kissed the top of her head.

"Why don't we go make her present, Little One?" Gabe asked.

"Otay," She beamed as she hopped out of Raven's lap and took off for the stairs making Max bark and chase after her.

"NO RUNNING!" they all shouted then shook their heads hearing her laugh.

"Miss Teacher."

Luna looked up from where she was writing and sighed, "I lost track of time again?"

Luke chuckled as he walked over to her, "And you snuck away without telling us."

"No, I didn't," She frowned, "I sent out a text."

"No, you didn't, Miss Teacher," he smirked chuckling. "We found out from a little princess."

"Yes, I did," she frowned grabbing her phone and sighed, "I could have sworn I hit send. I guess I just thought I did, sorry."

"It's okay," he smiled gently as he leaned against the desk. "What are you doing here, Miss Teacher?"

"Working," she said looking back at the papers on her desk. "I need to grade these papers and plan next week's lessons and there's also the Valentine's day party I need to start preparing for and—"

Luke leaned over and kissed her, effectively silencing her. When she gasped, he took the opportunity to deepen the kiss. He walked around the desk and knelt in front of her, weaving his fingers into her hair. When he pulled back he smirked at her glazed look and soft gasps. "Time to come home, Miss Teacher," he said huskily.

"But my work," she pouted, "I need—"

He kissed her again and let sleep a low growl when she softly moaned. Once he was sure she was breathless again, he barely pulled away and stared into her blue eyes, "You need to come home."

"Okay," She whispered and nodded.

He smiled, "Good girl."