Chapter 21

Luna curled up in the window seat of the living room and wrapped her blanket around her as she looked out the window. Sighing, she rested her head against the window and sniffled. Night laid his head on the seat and whined softly.

"I'm okay," she smiled sadly. "You can go lay down, I promise that I'm okay."

Reality was that she wasn't okay though, she had gotten used to the Blackbourne Toma family being there for a couple of days and now she didn't like the silence that she once took comfort in having. The house was cold and noise echoed throughout the halls constantly reminding her of just how alone she was. She hated it and that was one of the major reasons she worked so much, so she didn't have to come home to so much coldness. She knew she could easily move into something more her size but she just couldn't part with this house. It was her family's home and it held significant meaning to history. She couldn't let some strangers have something so important. So, she had to just endure the coldness and loneliness.

That's what she hated the most, her dream was taken from her. Tears slipped down her face and she wiped them away while sniffling. Night raised his head and whined. "I'm okay, I promise," She whispered. But was she? Was she really okay? She could never have children and Matthew went through with his promise, she was ruined for anyone else. No one would want her after everything he did to her. She would never have those dreams she once hoped for.

Her chest began to ache as she realized that her vision was blurring and her muscles were burning. Fear swallowed her as everything began to spiral around her.

"Miss Teacher, just breathe," a male's voice surrounded her as her fingers were uncurled from her blanket and fingers intertwined with hers. "Listen to me, you're okay, you are okay."

"I...I...I..." she gasped as she felt herself being moved into a lap. More hands helped move her legs around the man's back, she clutched his shirt as she buried her face into the crook of his neck. The scent of the ocean filled her. Silas Korba.

"You're okay, Miss Teacher," Silas' deep voice repeated as his fingers ran through her hair. "Just breathe with me. Nice and slow, breathe just like me. You're okay, Miss Teacher, I promise, you're okay."

"I...I...I..." she gasped, her breathes tickling his skin as he rubbed her back.

"Shhhh," he murmured as he gently rocked her. "Just focus on your breathing right now."

Time passed, although she couldn't be sure exactly how long, tightness in her chest finally began to ease and her body began to tremble. "Here," Corey's voice whispered as a blanket covered her and Silas.

"How?" She whispered as she sniffled.

"I got a notification of movement in your house," Corey explained as he sat beside them. "So I looked to make sure that everything was okay. Once I saw you were starting to have an anxiety attack, I figured out who was awake and we came to help calm you down."

"Door," she whispered.

"Night opened the door for us," Corey explained. "What caused this, Sweetheart?"

"Thoughts," She whispered as she sniffled. "Happens."

"Oh Miss Teacher," Silas whispered as he continued to rub her back in a soothing manner. "I'm sorry you were having them, I wish I could take them away for you. Would you like to talk about it? Will that help any?" He asked softly. She shook her head and he nodded, "Okay, well if you ever want to talk we are here for you."

"Are you feeling a little better now?" Corey asked and she nodded. "Do you think you can get some more sleep? It's almost one in the morning, Sweetheart."

"No, I'm wide awake," She said sitting up and wiping her face. "I'm better now, thank you." She cleared her throat and removed herself from Silas' lap. "You can go back home now and get some sleep. I'm all better now." She headed to the kitchen and grabbed her medicine. She took a water bottle out of the fridge and sat it on the counter next to the pill bottle. Clutching the sink she squeezed her eyes shut and took a few shaky breathes.

"Here," Corey said softly as to not startle her when she opened her eyes. He held out her medicine and open water bottle.

"What?" She asked shocked.

"Come home with us, please?" Silas asked from the doorway. "Just for tonight?"

"No," She shook her head, "you need sleep and I'm not going back to sleep anytime soon. I'm just going to work on the lesson plans. I'll be fine. Thank you for earlier but I don't want to keep you awake any longer, I'll be fine."

"I'm a night owl, I'll stay with you," Silas shook his head. "I don't want you alone right now incase another one creeps up on you."

"Same," Corey nodded. "I can even help with your plans if you want."

She sat her water bottle down and frowned, "You're not going to give up are you?"